1895 in the Cascades

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
kqiBv8th.jpg

Photo taken yesterday afternoon while hunting. Marlin 1895 with the 2.5x Leupold on a combo rear-sight & QD scope mount from Skinner Sights.

Handloaded 350 grain Hornady Round-Nose soft points over a stout charge of IMR 3031. :) That ought to do the trick if I can close with a buck or bear... :)

The weather has been unseasonably warm & dry. All that is changing today with cooler temps, hours of rain in the forecast, and snow at higher elevations. Should be much better hunting conditions for the last few days of mule deer season.

Best of luck to all the hunters!

Guy

Lookin’ good.
I hope the road out is at the bottom , if you shot him there he’s going to roll down a long ways😁

Lookin’ good.
I hope the road out is at the bottom , if you shot him there he’s going to roll down a long ways😁
My son and I were talking about that. I asked him to think long and hard before shooting something down there. Yes, there's a road down at the bottom, but... it could still be one heck of a task to get a critter down there, out to the truck. I'm thinking this would be another "quarter 'em and hike 'em out" scenario...

Guy

Back