Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• it doesn't matter to me

• Total voters
NOSLER said:
Let's see how many want it.

How about something over 40gr. The next jump to 50g is a large one for the little 20. How about somethine around 44g or 45g. I see Sierra has come out with a 32g and a 39g. Haven't tried them as yet but I will be getting some of the 39's to try. Would like to see some with the Nosler name on them. You've got a great line of 22's I use.

After reading your posts, I would like to see some numbers.

I've got two .20's in the process as we speak.

I'd like to see a 30 grain flat base bullet and as previously stated a 40-45 grainer w/ a high bc.

I'm in complete agreement w/ Rodgervich above. I purchased a box of .338" 250 grain partitions 8 years ago, and it will most likely be a few more years before I need to purchase another.

However, in one p-dog shoot I will shoot typically 100 rds plus per outing, not to mention range time, etc.

The .20's are a no brainer, and you might as well offer a couple of .17 options as well.

thanks,
Schmitty

Schmitty

IMO, the .204 is not going to be just a passing fad. It is here to stay. Nosler is missing the boat by not tooling up for this caliber. I have already shot four boxes of the other guys (Hornady, Berger) bullets, with more on order. :grin: And its still the middle of winter up here.

I am curious, just how many bullets Nosler would have to sell to break even on this deal? I am not a market analyst, but I would guess that varmint and predator hunters do a lot more reloading than the average guy does.

....ans while you're at it make some bullets for the
500 S&W :wink:

I think if Nosler really cared they would make .20 cal and .17cal But I don't think they give a sh-t!! They would much rather make a few Bullets for the guy that goes hunting and buys 1-2 box's a year. Just Think about this!! We did this same survey last year and here we are again !!!. Varmint hunters and Target shooters burn though the bullets WHY would Nosler even have to ASK This ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I for one , can’t understand why a successful company like Nosler would even have to ask such a question. We Small Bore shooters have been asking all the major bullet makers for years to produce 17 cal. bullets, (and now .20 cal) no one but Honady would even give us the time of day. You can tool up and produce several new hunting bullets that a buyer may purchase a box of 50 and last him several years after load development. A varmint/small bore shooter will buy several hundred “for each sub caliber gun he owns” and shoot them up in a season and usually be back buying more before the season is out. I think Nosler and all the other large bullet makers (except one) have missed the boat IMHO, and Hornady is the only manufacturer that has supported the small bore shooter and they deserve my support.

Sorry guy’s that’s just my opinion. :shock:
Larry

Of course Nosler should make a 20... The .204 is a great little load. I bought a Savage 12VLP in January and have already fired 175 rounds through it. I have around 500 bullets sitting on my loading bench with names on them like Berger, Hornady and Sierra but nothing from Nosler yet.

Frankly, I am enjoying this load so much that I am considering a Tac 20 and also a .17 Rem.

I've been hoping for some 34,37,38 grn 20's so that you guys can be a little different than the others.A 50grn would be great also,as some of us do shoot the 20BR.I think a black tip would be cool,I'm not sure if that color is taken yet.Heck whatever you guys come up with will be great.
TTFN
Matt :grin:

I have to agree with the previous post regarding the number of bullets used. For me it goes something like this

Total number of premium big game hunting bullets used in one year

maybe 200

total number of smaller caliber varmint size bullets used in one year...including prairie dog shoots, informal targeting and hunting

definitely in excess of 5000

Even if you consider the cost difference the sheer volume should answer this question. Afterall I am shooting .204", .224" and 6mm bullets.....they are going to be somebodys whether their Noslers or not ....I will be using them. So far I like what I have used in .204" bullets.............

:grin:

I have a 204 Ruger that shoots extremely well and has very quickly became one of my favorite calibers. I am finding thats it responds well with alot of different powders and is quite easy to reload for. I think a 20 cal bullet from Nosler would be great!!!!! The more bullet choices the better for me !!!!

WHY DON'T YOU DO A POLL LIKE THIS FOR THE 17?

Do you really want to know what guys want in a small caliber varmint bullet? Check the the Small Caliber boards, Saubier Board, the Predator Masters Board, the GOGO Varmint board and countless others. These are the places where you will find the VARMINT HUNTERS!!!! ASK THEM THERE. I'm sure you would get a favorable response.
Members of VHA etc. People that frequent these boards are into VARMINT HUNTING & sub caliber stuff ... we shoot much MORE than your average WEEKEND DEER HUNTER.. watch the posts and see wht they like to shoot if you REALLY want to know what WE WANT.
:shock: Get your head outta the sand guys
we buy bullets....lots of bullets.....
for load development, fireforming and the actual hunting and group[ shooting...
Check out a Varmint website, ask a ? and see what happens......Sam

Sam is absolutely correct!
Plus the 17 cal shooters out numbers the 20 cal shooter 10 to 1 in my estimates.

Larry

Food for thought:
20 caliber chamberings:
204 Ruger
20 Tactical
20 BR
20 ppc
plus others

17 caliber:
17 Remington
17 AI
17 PPC
17 BR
17-223
plus others
These are just the ones that come to mind.....Check the boards and jsut see what the guys are talking about & shooting.....
Do you see a market trend here???

Check these sites NOSLER these are the guys who shoot ALOT!

www.varminthunters.com
www.saubier.com
www.predatormastersforums.com
www.accuratereloading.com

Back