2009 deer hunt, Arkansas

GrayRider

Beginner
Nov 21, 2006
Hi all,
Sorry I haven’t posted in a long, long time or should I say what little I have posted. Here’s a buck I shot during the November 2009 season w/ an elk load I made up for my 30-06. (Never did get to go, so might as well use them up, right?) The load, if anyone is interested is a Nosler 180 AccuBond, pushed by 56 grns of Imr 4831, cci br-2 (primer) Winchester brass. I can’t recall the vel. Sorry but will post later. The load was loaded to Nosler spec’s. The rifle is a Sako 75 Stainless Syn. w/ box magazine, which keeps me from playing too much w/ seating depth. This load does produce ¾ inch groups (3 shots) and the 165 AccuBond in my gun produces 3 shot ½ inch groups w/ 57.5 grns of H4350.

Ok, the details . . . After being on stand for two days and watching this guy and others harassing the ladies (the rut) I finally got my shot. Here in Arkansas where I hunt we got hay fields for open shots but the he’ing and she’ing was going on in the woods/ broken woods this day. Being a lawman, and she a lady in distress, she finally brought him out of the jungle to 70-80 yards the shot was quartering away one (left to right). The AccuBond entered the third from the last rib, on his right side and the exit was behind his left front shoulder (see picture, sorry about the quality . . . cell phone) after the shot he did the traditional hump’n jump w/ the stiff left leg and ran about 25 yards. I don’t care if they run as long as there is blood, and with the AccuBond you’re going to find it.

1115090727a.jpg

1115091527.jpg[img]

I reckon he won't be pestering any more of the ladies. That'll teach him! Good job. Congratulations on a fine buck.

1115090727a.jpg

1115091527.jpg

Great buck. Congrats. Sounds like a very nice rifle and a great load too! Scotty

thanks guys, i looked under review and couldnt find the pics, freaked for a moment :cry:

Perfect time to post. I'm already getting the pre-season excitement even though it's months away.

Congrats on a nice buck. Looks like the AccuBond did well.

I know what you mean. I was asked about a month ago if I wanted to go on a elk hunt and I guess I scared the guy when I screamed at him “YES” . . . . .but it’s going to be in 2011. I’m still nursing a dislocated shoulder and just when I think it’s doing ok I find another weak spot in it. Plus I need to get in better shape . . . . Kind of let myself go since my injury.

GrayRider

Congratulations on a real nice buck! Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures.

I fixed the picture links for ya. :wink:
\
JD338

thanks JD338,

i switched the web based programs to see if the new one will work better. gotta see what else i can come up with to do another posting run, thanks for not smoking me, this is the only mature sight in enjoy posting on plus i'm a Nosler fan..... so, why not, right? :grin:

GrayRider

No worries buddy, we are all here to learn and help one another. No smokin' or flaming here..... :grin:

That is a real nice buck you took and looks like the AB did the job for you.
Glad you are a Nosler fan and part of the Nosler forum family.

JD338

Back