2012 mounts?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Anybody get their 2012 mounts yet?

I was just fine about not getting mine until a few days ago. I remember the taxidermist telling me "March or April, don't call us, we'll call you when they're ready."

March showed up and wow... I'm all worked up about getting the mule deer & pronghorn mounts and hanging them here in the house. Just getting "European" or skull mounts, as usual, but am really looking forward to them.

Will admit, having some good photos that Steven, Storm, Tony and I took of the hunt has been real nice. I like the photos about as much as actually having the antlers on the wall.

Anybody get their 2012 mounts yet?

Guy

I didn't mount the whitetail from this year. I did boil and bleach the skull myself. It turned out really good but I don't have any pics of it. Need to take a few.

My antelope will be done when ever and Danielle should have her buck in the next couple of months.
074.jpg

003_zpse33305f7.jpg

JD338

Got my elk back around Christmas. The guy who does my European mounts doesn't take long at all.

My normal taxidermist here in Washington is really fast with the Euro/skull mounts - usually less than two weeks.

This time though I left the heads with a taxidermist back where I hunted. He'll ship them to me when they're done.

well I got this little beaut back the same day I picked up my raccoon. The thing is he is an old buck as in 1964 old.lol My Dad shot this guy south of medicene hat Alberta in 1964, the mount was falling apart so last summer I took him in. He was supposed to be ready for Dad's 70th B-day but was a month late. Dad says he has no room so he is hanging here. the taxi done a beauty of a mount sorry for the grainy pic it was with an I-phone.

681560B2-58F0-40ED-BD86-0B180E84E253-1133-000004FB35159C8C.jpg

7F55B68A-2721-475F-89AF-09403037F221-1133-000004FB1D79A9B5.jpg

super-7

Very nice Antelope. I like them old bucks with the black faces. I didn't know they grew them that big in Canada. Brian

Good looking pronghorn! Neat that you had that re-done for your dad.

A lovely mount; very thoughtful of you to have it redone for your dad.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I truly owe a lot to my Dad . To have the mount redone for him was just a small thank- you.

Cool! Photo?

A caribou hunt is something I'd really like to do someday. Absolutely.

That is a pretty buck....man he looks tall! Like they say, when it comes to antelope the big ones just look big! Cool thought to have it redone. CL

I'm still waiting for my big mountain goat taken in 2009, over 3 years now :( on the positive side my fall 2011 grizzly should be here very soon.

3 years is indeed a long time but I am sure it will be worth the wait.
I hope you get it soon.

JD338

Back