2013 Hunting Pictures

Thanks guys. I'm trying to get better at taking photos of my adventures. I'm learning a lot for some of the guys here that take some dang nice pictures.

My son Chris with the first buck he has ever shot. Taken on our farm 11-18-13. He has hunted for 12 years and it just never "clicked" until now. Shot with a Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 guage. I was so happy for him that he finally scored, and a nice buck at that. Truly something he will remember for years. Thanks for looking!

Chris.jpg.JPG

Indeed, a worthy buck. Congratulations to your son, both for his perseverance and for scoring on such a fine animal.

Took two bucks yesterday.. Small 6 and 7 PT.

Also, had a new Marine check into my unit. Never hunted before, was pretty excited to learn, as he has never had anyone teach him. So, we took him out. What do you know, on his first day out, he smoke a 3 pt and a button buck.. Danged beginners luck..

But oh boy, talk about hooked!

Overall, we took 7 deer yesterday, with 4 bucks.. Not a bad pull..

Congratulations! That is a great harvest. Good to see the newbie tag a couple of deer; he'll be hooked for life. Great to see the young feller admiring all the animals. The smell and the feel will linger for life. Great pictures, Scotty.

Wow Scotty that is so neat to get out and drop some deer ! Yep that young Marine is hooked and seems like his rifle skills are not lacking but oh I forgot he is a Marine :grin: That youngster sure looked proud and had every reason to be at his age and out dropping bucks!! Way to go guys :mrgreen: nobody going hungry anytime soon :lol:

Congrats to all so far. Looks like you guys had a great haul of venison, bet the little guy in the first pic was pretty pumped to be there.

gerry":1z3el77r said:
Congrats to all so far. Looks like you guys had a great haul of venison, bet the little guy in the first pic was pretty pumped to be there.

That's my best friends little boy. Little fella hunted the whole day and is ready for more. Kid is just chomping at the bit to get himself a buck.

Here is the buck his Dad shot a few weeks ago with a muzzleloader..

On top of all of our good luck yesterday, my little brother, took his first buck yesterday in NY..

Good day was had by all though!

You are in deer heaven Scotty. I think I need to look into where you are for a hunt next fall. How does it work up in North VA?

Congratulations all the way around. Your little brother did himself proud. Good show.

:lol: elbow deep in a gut pile is for sure a classic way to learn at his age :grin: that boy acts like he has done that once or twice!! Your brother killed a knarly little deer with a huge rack for his body!
Glad you guys are fillin the freezer but not sure with all the guys in your earlier pictures let any of it cool off before it hit the grease and the 40 weight gravy :mrgreen: great pics Scotty !

I finally figured out how to post pictures using the ipad!!

So here goes, my season started with my daughter getting her first Washington buck at 24 yards with a muzzleloader. I took a small mule deer buck in Wyoming but I don't have any photos of it for some reason. Then I went to NE Washington for a late season whitetail hunt, using a Winchester model 71 with a peep sight I dropped this buck at 157 yards, my longest open sight shot ever.
Thanksgiving found me eating trail mix, not turkey, but I was able to fill my muzzleloader tag with this cow elk.

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]image.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,791
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    923 KB · Views: 1,791
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    896.6 KB · Views: 1,791
Those are some excellent specimen of ungulates. Your daughter did exceptionally well with her deer. The cow elk will make some fine meals. Congratulations all the way around.

Thanks! The year started rather cruddy with some family tragedy but this hunting season definitely had a positive impact. I fired six shots and harvested six critters( that includes 3 grouse) :)

I think I might have saved a few of next year's AZ fawns. I took three out w/my 223 WSSM and one w/the 870. All four died on Saturday.

Three had the mange--one was a real disaster.

Way to go Lefty! That Model 71 looks pretty danged slick!

Congrats to your daughter! Great buck.

Back