2013 Hunting Pictures

130 yards
the TTSX despite exiting the double lung left no real blood trail at all and this was in deep snow....luckily he only ran 40 yards
my friend shot one with a 140 Partition out of a 6.5 swede and it bled like a garden hose
which is why i am considering the 165 AccuBond

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DIXIE":3uzu40e8 said:
130 yards
the TTSX despite exiting the double lung left no real blood trail at all and this was in deep snow....luckily he only ran 40 yards
my friend shot one with a 140 Partition out of a 6.5 swede and it blood like a garden hose
which is why i am considering the 165 AccuBond

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dixie, it is hard to beat a PT for blood trails. It may not be as sexy as alot of the other bullets out there nowadays, but strong blood trails and excellent penetration are pretty cool for me. The AB should be about the same, but I am a big believer in the PT's for a perfect bullet.

DIXIE":2f1o63mr said:
I may try the 150/165 Partition as well

I just like the BC of the a-bomb's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't sweat the AB's working a bit either. They are all really great bullets. The 165 AB's are super performers from what I have seen around here with bullets pulled outta deer and such.

Got this buck on the first day of rifle season here in PA. First year in 12 years that I haven't got a buck in archery season. The streak is over!

Attachments

• IMG_20131202_175256.jpg
    IMG_20131202_175256.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7,901
Very nice looking buck. No need to worry it is alway fun to try to start new streaks. Maybe start a new streak of trying for a 4pt buck the next 3 yrs. Wait thats when the big guys wander out in front you. Okay forget that streak. I'll keep thinking. Lol

ScreaminEagle":1u5ktd1u said:
Got this buck on the first day of rifle season here in PA. First year in 12 years that I haven't got a buck in archery season. The streak is over!

Handsome buck to begin the rifle season. Streaks do end, and new ones begin. Looks as if rifle season will work out for you henceforth.

The wife and I have found a little spot not far from the house to sit and watch deer here in the big city. Havent ever been able to get the camera on the bucks. The biggest 5 point Ive ever seen on the hoof.... and a nice four. I think somebody put an arrow in the 10 point during a recent season in the park nearby. The eight and the other couple fork horns have disappeared too. Tonight we decided to stop and check it out. This is all we saw....

Merry Christmas!

How many do you see...yes I know the photo is bad, but it was all of 5:00 PM when I took this...

I have watched deer in this area, off and on since July. Its been really enjoyable to see the bucks in velvet and to watch them spar as the fall has worn on. Best part has been seeing the enjoyment my wife has gotten out of sitting in the "mobile blind" (aka the Ford) watching them through the spotting scope. Shes as excited as a little kid when she spots a deer. Hunting for her....so far. CL

Very cool Troy. It is always fun for me to see deer. Doesn't matter where I see them, if I can, I will pull over and just watch.. Seems like you never know what your going to see.

Glad your wife likes "your blind"!

Sunday afternoon we were driving home from caroling at several nursing homes. In the middle of the town were four deer browsing on plants in a yard. The sight was welcome, though it was not at all unusual here. Mule deer and moose winter over here in the community. Often, on a Sunday morning, should a parishioner look out the window they will see a cow and calf moose browsing on branches in the back of the building. It is always a bit humorous to be out for a walk and not the foot prints of various animals (moose and deer are common) that have wandered down the same sidewalks during the night and early morning hours. Thanks for posting and stimulating the memory, Troy.

Here are most of the ones my sons and I got this year.

Deer1.jpg

deerfishingb.jpg

Austindeer4.jpg

deer11-9a.jpg

First two are my archery does. Next two are my youngest sons first deer with a 20 gauge shooting sst slugs.

Oldest sons two shots two deer. 30-06 130 ttsx and 180 e-tip

rondeer1.jpg

20 gauge doe sst slug.

deer2.jpg

Archery Elk

elka.jpg

Last two bucks. First one is my oldest sons with a 30-06 130 TTSX.

11-27-13b.jpg

My buck. 20 gauge 3" federal trophy copper slug.

mydeerb.jpg

Only deer missing was WT doe I shot with a 223 WSSM and a 55 ttsx. I did not get a picture of her.

You did well this season. The freezers are full. :)

JD338

Back