2013 Wisconsin Archery Whitetail

bbearhntr

Handloader
Apr 10, 2011
Gun season isn't here yet so I took my Mathews bow for a hunt on Sat. I wasn't in the stand long when I saw a buck coming my way. It was a main frame 8pt with a busted main beam just ahead of his G2. He crossed in front of my stand at 40 yds and I gave a couple of soft grunts to him. He proceeded to turn on a dime and walk straight to me. He stopped at 15 yds and stared over the ridge he had just come. I slowly looked over my shoulder to see a larger buck approaching from behind me. The new buck stopped at a scrape 20 yds away and proceeded to freshen it while I drew my bow. He took 4 more steps and I released my arrow. The shot was through both lungs and I watched the buck fall a mere 60 yds later. He is the widest buck I have ever harvested @21 7/8 " inside.

Attachments

• 2013-11-16_08-29-55_18.jpg
    2013-11-16_08-29-55_18.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 540
Nice wide buck. I hear Wisconsin doesn't have many bucks right now due to an attempted eradication of CWD or something to that effect.

That is in an area in the southern portion of the state. Their efforts have proven futile for over 10 years now. There are a lot of land owners that outwardly oppose the DNR's attempt to eradicate the entire herd.

You've done very well with that buck; he is a dandy, for sure. Congratulations.

Wow! Great buck! What a monster and with a bow! Congrats buddy! That's an awesome buck!

That is a nice buck for sure, congratulations.

JD338

Back