2014 Hunting Pictures

Howdy Guys,

Out this morning and lucked into my first ever red deer. Was hopeful of bagging a fallow but this big bugger stuck his head up at about 150m and with a prone lean over my pack a 180g Interlock BTSP put him down like a stone.

Got all legs and shoulders and the backstraps. The whole thing was too big to get out. I reckon 160-180kg on the hoof. A genuine 11 pointer and I couldn't be happier.

]
IMG-20140525-03033_zpsxdvrtzna.jpg

Actually its a one year old Zastava stainless. 30-06 sporting a 24 inch barrel. The finish on these is a fraction roughish but its really accurate, it will put 3 180g Interlocks into 1moa and 180 NBTs into even smaller groups.

I am just such a big fan of the 30-06 and 180g cup and core bullets. They just work. This guy was shot full front on into the chest and he dropped on the spot.

Sorry guys I didn't recover the bullet. No exit, I'd estimate it ended up somewhere about midway through the body. He was facing right toward me from 150m or so.

Congratulations on a fine red deer. He does look to be a dandy. Your '06 has stood you in good stead on that fellow.

Very cool Bob! That's awesome shooting and a great red deer. Bet it will be really good eating as well!

Your 30-06 continues to do great things Down Under, that's for certain.

Two very handsome bears, Brent. Gerry, that is a fine blackie you dropped. Good coats on these bears.

Howdy everyone. I am new to the Nosler forum, thus a little late for posting hunting pictures. But, here are some pictures of my sons with a couple of bucks they took last season.

My oldest shot his buck at about 60 yards after I rattled the buck in to within 5 yards. That buck dropped in the middle of a cactus patch. My son was using his .270 WSM with Federal Premium 130 Nosler Ballistic Tip.
11558985246_fb57ca7302_c.jpg

11558864875_02f357afc9_c.jpg

My 10 year old took this buck with my LaRue Tactical PredatAR 7.62. He was shooting Federal Premium .308, 150 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips. It was his second buck ever. He ended up taking two bucks and a doe this past season. The second buck and doe were within 15 minutes and within 30 yards of us on the side of a hill. Great memories!

10895305026_91e9962036_c.jpg

10891301476_35c9af48b3_c.jpg

Wow! Your sons took a couple of beautiful deer. I especially like the picture of the buck in the cactus patch. Critters seem to enjoy extracting their revenge by falling into the most difficult location imaginable when they have been shot. Sorta' like moose who seem always to look around for the deepest water they can find to finally expire.

Back