2018 Bobcat!

I carried a 12ga with DeadCoyote incase the cat was on the ground and a .22 for if it treed. Well, it treed but I had to use the 12ga because it was jumping out of the tree as others were walking into see it. I don't think there will be much damage. I have shot coon with #4 and there was not much damage at all.

Nice cat with outstanding spotting, we never see them here with that bold of contrast, yours would make a handsome mount! Looks more like a NM cat. We are knee deep with them here and interestingly when I was a
Kid ( pre coyote, never heard one howl until 1972 around here) all we had was bobcat and there where plenty of them but about 10/12 years ago for what ever reason we started to see more and more Lynx, now the Lynx
is almost as common as Bobcats here??? Of course they are still protected but we can hunt all the Bobcats we
want to?? Go figure. Here is one that was killed yesterday, close to the lodge, by a guide friend of mine that does well with them,
Hunter looks pretty happy.IMG_2015.JPG

35 Whelen":30zfnrxd said:
Nice cat with outstanding spotting, we never see them here with that bold of contrast, yours would make a handsome mount! Looks more like a NM cat. We are knee deep with them here and interestingly when I was a
Kid ( pre coyote, never heard one howl until 1972 around here) all we had was bobcat and there where plenty of them but about 10/12 years ago for what ever reason we started to see more and more Lynx, now the Lynx
is almost as common as Bobcats here??? Of course they are still protected but we can hunt all the Bobcats we
want to?? Go figure. Here is one that was killed yesterday, close to the lodge, by a guide friend of mine that does well with them,
Hunter looks pretty happy.

Another nice looking cat and good size. Whats he running for dogs, Plotts, hard to tell in the picture.

I want a bobcat!

Guess I'd better go get one. They sure are beautiful animals. Thanks for sharing the great photos!!!

Guy

Guy, when I was a kid my dad had a business associate that had a pet bobcat named Roscoe. I helped feed it by shooting cottontails. It took a lot of rabbits to feed it. You sure you want a bobcat! :grin:

Bruce Mc":3f1zhk7w said:
Guy, when I was a kid my dad had a business associate that had a pet bobcat named Roscoe. I helped feed it by shooting cottontails. It took a lot of rabbits to feed it. You sure you want a bobcat! :grin:

another good answer and question!

How bout one of each ?IMG_2044.JPG here is two that the dogs bailed
up, that won't be munching anymore Whitetails!

Nice cat and coyote. Do you run the same dogs for both? My group tries to not cross over because they don't want a cat dog running a coyote.

The boys are using different dogs for each one. Lots of cats here so about everyone gets their cat, then it's an option for folks, and chance to extend their hunt; to include getting a big Maine coyote with the dogs or by simply calling oneIn for them. 75% of the hunters that come to Northern Maine: Have NEVER rode a snowmoble before; but 99.5% of them absolutely love that part of the hunt. 100% love the dogs! Its truely a great way to break up the winter. One of Maines best kept secrets! You can usually set up some ice fishing traps; And try your luck at Ice Fishing as well! Here is a nice big Laker taken recently! IMG_2218.JPGAgain a large
number of them, have never tryed that either! So we try to give them the whole " NorthCountry ExperienceIMG_2070.JPG

Fun!!! My northwoods experience consisted of -27 this morning checking coyote traps. Gotta love winter!!!

Wow that's chilly! Coldest it's been here all winter is only -21 below zero but we have had quite a bit of -10/15 below with hellacious 25/35 kt winds sending the WC down to -35/40 below. I had no idea it was that cold in Wisconsin this morning? Wonder if it's coming this way??? Soposed to be -5/-10 below here tonite.......IMG_2098.JPG

Our barber was my best friends dad. He would close the shop every Wednesday and Tuesday night he ran a pack of Beagles for bobcat. He mostly just did it to hear the race ( as many of the coon hunters did to then) and every now and then he would shoot one with a little Browning .22. We went with him many times, and it was a real treat. I remember he had a full mounted "Abino at one time" big male in his barber shop, but it was all yellow from cigarette smoke, lol. I have never seen one in the wild, can you believe that?

Back