2019 Hunting Pictures

Boned out Sitka blacktail in the boat and heading home:

117b9ef7b81285fe13a054c01b09b66e.jpg

2fc61be9c3bf8a786cc31119f3d461bd.jpg

85bd87fadbbead512944840fa07506ca.jpg

Congratulations! Your happiness is showing in the photo. Looks cold there. Dan

Love the boat, I keep thinking I need a ramp like that.
Love black tails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely deer, those little blacktails. They are a delight to watch. Each one is a trophy.

They are a handsome critter for sure. I had been calling for less than 5 minutes when a doe and fawn came in. I figured if I stayed with them the buck would appear. About :30 later in he came. I carry the Whelen when hunting Sitka’s in bear country, the 225 AccuBond performed perfectly with very, very little loss. I love that thing!

We’ve had a run of easy Winters here in SE, so the numbers are good. There have been many trophy class animals taken this year, but not by me as proven in the picture. Hahahahaha.

Salmonchaser, this is the first landing craft style boat we’ve owned. We saved our pennies until one became available in our price range. This one was built in ‘04 in Sitka. We’ve had a blast with it so far. My buddy has a 20’ Hewescraft, but somehow it’s always on the trailer now[emoji1].

I just see an awful lot of versatility and they are a lot safer then try to load a quad on and off the bow of a 22 foot sled.

gbflyer":1qj25b67 said:
They are a handsome critter for sure. I had been calling for less than 5 minutes when a doe and fawn came in. I figured if I stayed with them the buck would appear. About :30 later in he came. I carry the Whelen when hunting Sitka’s in bear country, the 225 AccuBond performed perfectly with very, very little loss. I love that thing!

We’ve had a run of easy Winters here in SE, so the numbers are good. There have been many trophy class animals taken this year, but not by me as proven in the picture. Hahahahaha.

Salmonchaser, this is the first landing craft style boat we’ve owned. We saved our pennies until one became available in our price range. This one was built in ‘04 in Sitka. We’ve had a blast with it so far. My buddy has a 20’ Hewescraft, but somehow it’s always on the trailer now[emoji1].

Glad I'm not the only one who has shot a blacktail with a 35 Whelen :lol: Congrats on the deer, pretty tough to beat a blacktail when it comes to the table.

Man, looking thru all of these pictures, 2019 has been a very productive year! Congrats to you all!

I added a thread with these but wanted to post them here too.

My brother and I shot our first Coues deer on a DIY hunt in southern Az. What a fun hunt!
81dd6e241bb47774f9155bf586d2af6c.jpg
9546b0ed6e222c8d8710c854b49a2e3b.jpg

46a7f63167a36f5bd9b5a1deb53a8e2c.jpg

My grandpa passed recently dad found a few old hunting pictures. This is my great grandpa with a buck he killed at 100 yards with his SxS. It was a 12 ga but there is a sleeve that drops down the left barrel in 40-65. My dad has both the shotgun and the belt knife pictured above. Photo from 1949.

DrMike":2ibwq2yh said:
Beautiful deer. Congratulations! Any details on the hunt?

This was late season hunt on a private property. The land owner get 12 tags a year and sell it to the public. You still need a tag though for the area to trade with landowner tag in order for you to hunt. I harvested a nice buck on this property 2 years ago. I shot this buck late in the afternoon. He is a big bodied deer with broken antler.

I harvested this small buck this morning on the wife's grandmother's farm. 7mm Rem mag 140 gr Nosler Etip. Deer haven't been cooperating this year, so I took the first legal buck I saw.
8b89e5ad76b75d646e2ae0bd990aa1c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

c8732670e56072341e4434697bcdb125.jpg
8dae13eb18f2f33b37bf1f3b7d93be13.plist

Pictures from my driven hunt yesterday. Shot 3 fallow deer an one big boar.
All were shot with 150 grains AccuBond and my old Tikka in 30-06. Great results on all. [emoji1]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

A fine harvest of game. Welcome aboard, 9X57. Good to have you posting.

Back