2023 Hunting Season

Unsuccessful draw for WY Antelope again this year for Sue and I.
Hopefully next year...

JD338

Draws are done for me, except long shot Montana Antelope.
Oregon elk, Wyoming Antelope and Montana deer will keep me busy.
Ya, I didn't draw any special tags in Washington despite having a lot of points built up. I think the WDFW reduced the deer tags available in response to a high winter kill from our big winter.

Still, my son and I have over-the-counter tags for deer, elk, bear and cougar. Life isn't all bad. :)

Guy

Here's another decent black bear I shot over the weekend. Tagged out faster than i expected. Two bears within two weeks (weekend hunts). 180 yard shot with the 8x57 180gr Barnes TSX loaded to 2780 fps. Double shoulder/lung shot. Dropped at the shot. Clean pass through with good entry and exit holes. Great preformance from the old 8mm. Bear turned out to square 6'.

F0jqluz.jpg
Nice bear w/ a big head!

Oregon elk, Wyoming Antelope and Montana deer will keep me busy.
MT deer will keep you busy for sure. I hunt eastern MT for mule deer. Two years ago we saw fewer deer than any season prior. Last year our ranch owner friends said they had not seen a buck mule deer all year. After four days of hunting we only saw one 3 point mule deer, the few other bucks were fork horns. We never saw a buck on their 6,500 acres. They were surprised I had found a 4 point in the county. I was too.
Eastern MT had a rough winter. I hope I can find another 4 point mulie this year over there. Luckily, I have a couple back-up hunt areas.

Unsuccessful draw for WY Antelope again this year for Sue and I.
Hopefully next year...

JD338
Jim, from what I've read the Wyoming antelope is in short supply. My old boss has been putting in for four years now (private land permit) and has struck out. He has a cousin that lives in Cody and he hasn't gotten a permit in a while. From what I have heard the winters have not been kind to the antelope.

Unsuccessful Antelope draw. But felt so good to put in again! been a long time. Thanks Arland for being willing to drag my @SS across the prairie again! At least I can say I didnt draw. CL

My archery tag lets Me take a cow or spike bull. Shot this big cow through the heart and she didn’t go far, dropped where I could mark her down even though it was too thick to see her. Pack off was all downhill, dropped her to be cut and wrapped-freezer will be full this year!IMG_8187.jpeg

Back