210 gr Swift Scirocco 11 in 338 cal

I have them ready to load in my 338 Federal. However, that particular cartridge has been on the receiving end of calculated neglect due to a heavy work load this winter. I will be loading some up now that it is spring and shooting them. In a fast stepping cartridge, the higher BC of the Scirocco may be an advantage, but for most users I wouldn't expect a significant advantage. I've used Swift bullets for quite a few years in other cartridges, and they always performed well for me. Better than Nosler? No, but certainly as good. I'd use more of them if they weren't so expensive to secure here in Canada.

Yes they seem harder to find but cheaper then the partitions. They seem to shoot well in the 338 and 7mm mag but have not used them on any thing but paper.

Stew I'd always planned to use them, even bartered for some of them and lost the shipment in the mail. I'd think they would be really great in the 338 Win. We get a better deal on Noslers down here, but I'd still like to give them a shot one of these years. I like everything I've seen from the Swifts. I can't imagine any bullet in its weight class being better than the 210 PT, but it never hurts to try.

The Swift Scirocco is a great bullet and it will work quite well in the 338 cals.
Put on in some water jugs and post the picture in the bullet section. I would think 6-7 jugs
which would make for a great deer, elk and moose bullet.

JD338

Unfortunately another Canadian supplier just quit supplying them and I missed out on getting more, will have to find another source now.

I like the bullet in my 264mag.
I have some 210gr SC loaded for my 338win mag. IF I can get them to shoot close to the 225gr A-Frames I may just take some to Africa next May for real testing.

Thanks for the links DrMike, looks like we have a few good options for Swift bullets.

I'm sorta thinking about trying the 150 Scirocco or 160 A-Frame in the Mashburn this year. I've liked what I've seen from Swift bullets in our tests but I've never taken any game with them.

DrMike":2izclzmg said:
I've ordered Swift bullets from X-Reload as Gerry recommends, and I've ordered from Accurate Bullets (http://www.accuratebulletcompany.co...co-II-338-Caliber-Rifle-Bullet-210-Grain.html). I ordered my last several boxes of .338 calibre 210 grain Swift Sciroccos from Accurate Bullets. I have also purchased Swift bullets from Tradex Canada. I note that this firm is listing that particular bullet as a closeout (http://www.cidistribution.ca/c378130250.2.html).

Ya cidistribution is getting out of swift bullets sold out of the 338 and 7mm sciroccos
when was the last time you ordered from accuratebullet company, I will try calling them after the weekend, talked to them about a year ago and was like they were not really doing it any more either.

stew":12bftalh said:
DrMike":12bftalh said:
I've ordered Swift bullets from X-Reload as Gerry recommends, and I've ordered from Accurate Bullets (http://www.accuratebulletcompany.co...co-II-338-Caliber-Rifle-Bullet-210-Grain.html). I ordered my last several boxes of .338 calibre 210 grain Swift Sciroccos from Accurate Bullets. I have also purchased Swift bullets from Tradex Canada. I note that this firm is listing that particular bullet as a closeout (http://www.cidistribution.ca/c378130250.2.html).

Ya cidistribution is getting out of swift bullets sold out of the 338 and 7mm sciroccos
when was the last time you ordered from accuratebullet company, I will try calling them after the weekend, talked to them about a year ago and was like they were not really doing it any more either.

Accurate was concerned at the exchange rate. My last order of Swift bullets from them was this past summer. Cost is what it is, so though I don't particularly enjoy spending money, if I require a particular bullet for a project, then I will seek it out. Often, these bullets are used in projects for recommendation to customers.

Yes, I did see that CI was getting out of marketing both Swift bullets and Forster products. However, they are still indicating that they have 210 grain 338 Scirrocco bullets in stock.

DrMike":1e9cxsof said:
stew":1e9cxsof said:
DrMike":1e9cxsof said:

Accurate was concerned at the exchange rate. My last order of Swift bullets from them was this past summer. Cost is what it is, so though I don't particularly enjoy spending money, if I require a particular bullet for a project, then I will seek it out. Often, these bullets are used in projects for recommendation to customers.

Yes, I did see that CI was getting out of marketing both Swift bullets and Forster products. However, they are still indicating that they have 210 grain 338 Scirrocco bullets in stock.
I sent him an e-mail last week and he said they had none left. I will check there web site again.
I sent you a message as well Dr. Mike.

Not sure how the 7mm bullets are on game but suspect they will be excellent.
My daughter used 257cal 120gr A-frames in Africa on all sizes of PG and all were one shot quick kills. She used them and 100gr Scirocco bullets on deer and pig here and also one shot no tracking kills.

I used the 225gr A-Frames in 338cal in Africa and they were also great with quick kills.
I used the 6.5cal 130gr Scirocco here on game and they worked great on a 6.5X55 and 264win mag.

I have some 308cal 150gr Sciroccos in 308win/30-06 and 300win mag and 338cal 210gr in 338win mag ones loaded for load testing now

Divernhunter":2sww2n62 said:
Not sure how the 7mm bullets are on game but suspect they will be excellent.
My daughter used 257cal 120gr A-frames in Africa on all sizes of PG and all were one shot quick kills. She used them and 100gr Scirocco bullets on deer and pig here and also one shot no tracking kills.

I used the 225gr A-Frames in 338cal in Africa and they were also great with quick kills.
I used the 6.5cal 130gr Scirocco here on game and they worked great on a 6.5X55 and 264win mag.

I have some 308cal 150gr Sciroccos in 308win/30-06 and 300win mag and 338cal 210gr in 338win mag ones loaded for load testing now

Thanks for the info, post up when you have done your testing with the 338 and 308 calibers. What are most finding or the seating depth on the sciroccos so far Ive found .050 to be pretty good will try a bit deeper when I get the 7mm mag back and see.

Like most bonded bullets, Sciroccos enjoy a bit of jump to the lands. Fifty thousandths has proven to be a minimum for accuracy in my experience.

DrMike":3oa6rmey said:
Like most bonded bullets, Sciroccos enjoy a bit of jump to the lands. Fifty thousandths has proven to be a minimum for accuracy in my experience.

Same here. I always start there.

Back