215 Federal primers

lechero

Beginner
Jul 28, 2007
I live over here in the N.W. corner of Oregun.Does anyone know who might have a thousand or two of these 215 primers for sale.I got a new vanguard 257bee and a box of ammo and would like to do some reloading for it . I've tried all the normal outlets and mailorder places to buy primers but I keep getting the same answer-NO. Its kind of spendy to keep shooting the Factory ammo.

You may have to try some other magnum primers. Federal 215s seem to be utterly unavailable anywhere.

Have you tried all your local mom & pop gun shops? I have found more stuff in these than anywhere in the last few weeks.

I finally got my hands on 1000 Fed 210 match primers on Thurs. I'm in the same boat as I am searching every corner I can find for Fed 215 match primers for my .338 WM

Reality is, according to the hunting?shooting mags, the Fed 215 was invented for the big Weatherby 378 cases. Since then magnum primers have been produced by others. The CCI 250 primers are at least as hot and, by case lot, hotter at times. I've used nothing but CCI 250 primers in (everything big) for a long time. 257 Wby to 458 Lott and all the Ultra mags. Oh yeah 30-378 Wby. I won't change. The loyalty to Federal is admirable but It isn't the only way. CCI's are easier to find, and they work real good. :grin:
Greg

It hasn't been that long since Olin produced a magnum primer. The WLR used to be used for magnum loads. The CCI250 is a fine primer. I have used it many times in the place of F215. They are both ATK, so I suspect that they use a similar (if not identical) formula.

I'd use the CCI250 primer if I could find them as well!! :grin:
All of my sources are out them and I have no idea when they'll be getting them in.

Back