22 Creed finally load verified

Wow! Serious medicine in a tight bundle. How far will you hope to stretch it too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's amazing grouping!
How far can she be shot?

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

1:7 x caliber barrel 26" sendero contour

At 59 degrees and 4000' elevation should be supersonic to 1400-1500 yd range; lots of performance from 42 grs of powder.

When my 22-250 AI is shot out, I m thinking a 22 Creed for easy brass, dies, etc as far as a replacement. I just wonder if an 8 twist will work up to 88-90 grain bullets assuming elevation at least 3500 or more.

Nice rifle/cartridge Fotis!!

WOW!! That is fantastic! Great shooting, groups like that take a lot of shooter skill as well (at least that's my reasoning for never getting them :lol: ).

frankm":17x9t4zq said:
At 59 degrees and 4000' elevation should be supersonic to 1400-1500 yd range; lots of performance from 42 grs of powder.

When my 22-250 AI is shot out, I m thinking a 22 Creed for easy brass, dies, etc as far as a replacement. I just wonder if an 8 twist will work up to 88-90 grain bullets assuming elevation at least 3500 or more.

Nice rifle/cartridge Fotis!!

From what I have been reading, a lot of guys are having great success with the heavies in a 1-8 twist. I run a 1-7 and struggled with blowing bullets up when I pushed above a certain speed. I think that if you wanted a dedicated LR target rifle and weren't going to shoot anything under 90gr, a 1-7 would be fine. If you want to play around in the under 90 gr range, a 1-8 would be more versatile. I haven't tried anything under the 88gr ELDM in mine yet.

Once I finish off my box of 500 95gr. SMK and 100 90gr A-tips My barrel should be close to smoked. For what I'm doing with it, I'll replace it with a 20" 1-8 and push the 77gr tipped match king as fast as I can for a dedicated coyote rifle.

I have always wanted a 22-250AI. When the 22 CM became an option it was a no brainer for me (no fire forming on a short barrel life cartridge). It's just an impressive, fun cartridge.

Back