22 Hornet or 222 Rem?

I think the .22Hornet comes to charm in a slim, trim breakbarrel actioned rifle.
I would take the .222Remington at any day for the hayfield.

I have the .22 hornet in a Blaser K95. In my opinion, a perfect combination. Dump in a full case of Lil' Gun and top it with a Hornady 40 grain and go shoot stuff.

I don't think I could choose between the two. They are both fun cartridges. I have a little more aversion to the Hornet though. I haven't had any trouble loading for it with Lil' Gun.

Oldtrader3":3enr3cl3 said:
I always was sorry that I sold my Sako Varmint .222 Mag.

That's a rifle I would really enjoy having around these days.

As for the 22 Hornet or 222 Rem.. Well, I would pick the 222 Remington. Love that cartridge and want one pretty bad myself. I love those little light sporters.

I just reworked an old Western Auto Revelation 225 in 222 Remington for a friend. It shoots really well!

It is a sweet cartridge.

This is a really hard decision. I guess the first one, that I get a good deal on, will be the one for me. It will be used mainly for chucks within 150yds.

I my self have thought about a .22 Hornet, but no more now that I have a .223 Rem I have a reduce load in it to 22 Hornet level for night hunting & noise sensitive areas & a high performance load for longer range. If it were me I would get another .223 Rem. Why because of quality & cheap Brass, I also would not have to buy a different set of reloading dies. I have a Remington 700 heavy barrel 26 inch but would consider a lighter weight sporter in .223 Rem . If you have .222 Rem reloading dies I might consider it but I don't & see no reason to get one now that I have Redding Competion Die in .223 Rem.

Back