22nolser 40grain

Spitzer4000fps

Beginner
Feb 20, 2017
I know the purpose of the 22 nosler was to push the heavier bullets but I love to shoot 40 grain spitzer out of my 22-250 and my 22 nosler will be here tommorrow anyone got load data for40grain nosler 22 if not does anyone know when it will be avalibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if the 22 Nosler is in QL yet. But if it is, somebody will run it for you and put up the data..I just got my first AR a couple weeks ago, and now I'm looking at having another one built for 22-N.

Some years ago I was at the range, outside Phoenix, getting my brain thoroughly rattled, doing some test loads out of my 338 Win Mag, when the guy next to me approached during a lull in the action and asked if I'd spot for him. Seems he was having a problem sighting in his 22/250.

He's hitting 3 on the target, 2 completely off, then 2 on, 3 off !! YaDa, YaDa.

So I sez, sure, WTH.

It only took one 5 shot string to figure it out. I could actually watch those light bullets vaporize in mid air before they ever got to the 100 yd target!

Be careful about going too light, too fast.

Just Sayin'.

Yup, I've seen that! Even with very prosaic cartridges like the .223 and the .308 Win! Bullets coming apart before reaching the target... Yikes!

Guy

I wouldn't worry too much about that....I've pushed that bullet over 4000 fps and it was fine. Of course that was a 1:14 twist barrel I suppose a 1:8 twist would probably put more stress on it. But it is always fun to find out!

Back