22WMR

boomer68

Handloader
Oct 23, 2006
Good evening
I’m looking for scope suggestions for my new to me Marlin XT-22.

Too bad the Weaver 2.5-7x28 isn't made anymore. I would look and see what Burris puts out these days first.

This is what I have on mine. Vortex 4-12x 42 Diamond Back. Parallax adjustable. I am mostly satisfied, especially for the price. Center cross hair dead on a 50, next hash mark down is @ i/2 inch high at 100. I say mostly, cause adjustments can be a little "inexact", but I dont dial so I set and forget it. Works well, and is fun at 100 yds. CL

That is what I was wondering. Would a scope meant for center fires give me parallax issues at say 50yds?

That will work! Parallax is a little over rated IMHO. Not as big a deal as marketing would have you believe. That should be a nice scope. CL

I might have found a good candidate. A near new Burris FFII 3-9x40 for a nice price.
Those are great scopes and will serve you well. If you don't like it for some reason I would buy it off of you.

Way back when I was told you could only use 3/4" scopes on rimfire rifles but bought one of the first Ruger 1022s that I could find and put a straight 6X40 1" Bushnell Banner on it. It worked great and had no problem shooting gray squirrels out of treetops or ground hogs out to 100yds with it.
Just don't buy a huge scope for it and it should serve you well.

I put a centerfire Nikon prostaff 3-9x40 on my Grandsons XT22 . it works fine at 50 yards .

Way back when I was told you could only use 3/4" scopes on rimfire rifles but bought one of the first Ruger 1022s that I could find and put a straight 6X40 1" Bushnell Banner on it. It worked great and had no problem shooting gray squirrels out of treetops or ground hogs out to 100yds with it.
Just don't buy a huge scope for it and it should serve you well.
TD provides some wisdom here. A 4x32 Bushnell Banner was a really good fit for a .22 (not a Mag though- but that would sure work). At the time you were hard pressed to find 1in rings for a grooved reciever. As I recall, I paid more for the Burris rings, than I did for the Demo model of the scope. o_O Still works great, fits perfect. A favorite was also a D-4 weaver- 3/4 inch tube. Really a nice 22 scope. Unfortunately that one had a run in with the sill plate of an F250. Ended that one. Not scared of those little ones- have a1/2 inch tube "Glenfield" model on Grandpas 22. A 1 in tube would look ridiculous. Works at 100 yds., stays put. CL

Last edited:
I've got a Savage M93 in 22 WRM. It is topped with a Leupold VX II 3-9x40mm. I've taken woodchucks and raccoons at +100 yds with it. Fun little gun to shoot.

JD338

So I ended up with two scopes. One is a Burris FFII 3-9x40 which I intended to use on the 22WMR, but also picked up a Tasco Titan World Class Plus 3-9x44. This one is made in Taiwan and might end up putting it on the 22 and using the Burris on my 30-06.

Back