25-06 powder for 100gr bullet

Elmer, 4350 and the 100's seems like a classic combination. I've read about it for years and used it myself, though my 4350 was of the "H" variety rather than the IMR type.

Either way, 3300+ fps and excellent accuracy seems to be the norm.

There are some well-known "standard" handloads that deliver excellent performance. Yours is one of them.

Guy

Guy Miner":2rltiayl said:
Elmer, 4350 and the 100's seems like a classic combination. I've read about it for years and used it myself, though my 4350 was of the "H" variety rather than the IMR type.

Either way, 3300+ fps and excellent accuracy seems to be the norm.

There are some well-known "standard" handloads that deliver excellent performance. Yours is one of them.

Guy

It certainly works for me Guy.
When I chrono'd a comparison between H & IMR 4350 I found the IMR yielded rather higher MV, so that was what I opted for as a standard load.
Of course this was simply a 'field test' on a particular day...another day with different conditions may give different results.
Either way, both are excellent in use with similar charges of 53gns.

Oddly though neither seemed to suit the 110gn AB in my rifle, but 53gns of IMR4831 works very well with this bullet. Stopping power on big red stags, close to elk sizes is great though.
I take them at the top of the shoulder usually to drop them quickly.
If I miss the bone though, you can bet on a run of up to some 100yds. Just hope they don't make the trees!! :lol:

Thanks everyone. I tried several combinations of powders and primers but never got the Scirocco to shoot as good as the H4831SC load with anything else. 3187fps is as fast as that bullet wants to go from my barrel I guess. I am sure I could try a Sierra Gameking or Ballistic tip and maybe improve, but I really think the Sirocco is ideal for what I'll use this gun for. It didn't blow up the first coyote at least!

Mcseal2, I have only ever used IMR-4831 or ADI AR-2213 SC/H-4831 SC in my .25-06's.
I have always had great accuracy and top velocities from this powder, in the 1/4 bore-06's.

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

[You may have a worlds record brewing for "distance"[/quote]

I found out during my "running from God days" that I was actually allergic to alcohol! Which is good because I come from a long line of alcoholics, ha! I could drink half a fifth, just feel a little happy/dizzy then I'd either pass out cold or projectile vomit! Of course, there were other "vices" I used during those days...morning coffee is my worse nowadays! I hope my 257 Roberts AI shoots well, I've no real desire for another 25-06, in fact, I could have been happy with a standard Roberts, but the rifle I found is already Improved. I like the round, so its no issue. That 110AB is very interesting to me...

Back