25-06 RL26 Swift Scirroco

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Been looking forward to trying these out in my 25-06 for awhile. Had a nice day on the range. Speeds were great, they seemed to look better the further I jumped them.

At .125 they are just starting to come together.

Speeds were good across the board as well.

I'll be back after this one pretty quick. I'll start doing smaller increments now, but I believe it'll work. I think I could bump them back up just a touch as well.

Those look pretty good. I do like the Scirroco bullet.

I always found that the Scirroco required a pretty good jump to the lands. Scotty, I recall one instance when, in frustration, I allow almost a 0.20 inch jump to the lands. Accuracy went from >2.5 MOA to 0.25 MOA. The owner of that rifle was quite pleased. It was worrisome to me, but he was happy. I was paid quite handsomely for that job.

Man that RL26 in the right cartridge has some zoom. :)

Those are practically Weatherby kind of numbers. Cool stuff!

Wow, those are moving right along, they should make a great deer load. Pretty good BC for a 100g .257 bullet. Have you shot them into jugs yet? Being a bonded bullet they should hold together well.

That's some really quick numbers Scotty; should poleaxe some beasties with those bullets (y)
I guess because I found what does it for me here in UK, I haven't experimented with my .25-06 further.
Maybe I should!
ATB ET

I was very impressed with the Sciroccos last fall. They have always shot well for me once I understood they needed a bit of jump.

I think with a little work they should be excellent in the 25-06.

I haven't shot any into jugs yet but I will soon. Just wanna get the load sorted out a little more first.

elkhunternm":1fccnai8 said:
Been thinking about trying those in my .257 Roberts.

They are pretty darned good buddy. I was very happy with the expansion at 150 and 475 on elk. They are pretty accurate as well. I know they caught a lot of grief for not being accurate right out of the gate but they almost wanna be seated shorter than most monos from what I can see in my Guns.

SJB358":sd4aubjd said:
elkhunternm":sd4aubjd said:

They are pretty darned good buddy. I was very happy with the expansion at 150 and 475 on elk. They are pretty accurate as well. I know they caught a lot of grief for not being accurate right out of the gate but they almost wanna be seated shorter than most monos from what I can see in my Guns.
Thanks for that little bit of info SJB358.

Right now my plan is to use the 100 gr Sierra for rabbits and coyotes and use the Scirocco for deer. Don't see using the Scirrocco on varmints. :lol:

elkhunternm":1hq95blc said:
SJB358":1hq95blc said:
elkhunternm":1hq95blc said:

Thanks for that little bit of info SJB358.

Right now my plan is to use the 100 gr Sierra for rabbits and coyotes and use the Scirocco for deer. Don't see using the Scirrocco on varmints. :lol:

That must be pretty wicked on rabbits! I dig that!

Reshot the .125 off the lands load at 58 grains. Was almost in shock when I saw this group.. might be done with this one.

SJB358":2a2hie20 said:
Reshot the .125 off the lands load at 58 grains. Was almost in shock when I saw this group.. might be done with this one.

Ya' think? Pretty sweet, my man. (y)

Blazing speed. Great accuracy. A well-respected, bonded bullet...

It doesn't get much better than that! (y)

Guy

Yeah, I was pretty excited to see it to be honest fella's. I doubt I could do that everytime but if it stays consistent I think I will leave it alone..

Was just wondering if you ever weigh the bullets I opened a new box today of the 7mm caliber 150gr to load some up and weighed about 50 of them never did find one that was 150gr they veried from 149.6 to 150.3 Im not sure if that makes much difference on groups but has me wondering if it could be why I sometimes have one off a bit.

stew":ifps61u9 said:
Was just wondering if you ever weigh the bullets I opened a new box today of the 7mm caliber 150gr to load some up and weighed about 50 of them never did find one that was 150gr they veried from 149.6 to 150.3 Im not sure if that makes much difference on groups but has me wondering if it could be why I sometimes have one off a bit.

I haven't weighed any in a long time, but that's a pretty tight spread.

Guy

Back