257 ARNOLD

smallbore

Beginner
Sep 29, 2005
HELLO, CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THE HAVE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE 257 ARNOLD. I CURRENTLY OWN A CUSTOM RIFLE CHAMBERED FOR THIS ROUND BUT CAN'T FIND ANY RELOADING DATA. I PLAN TO USE 100-115GR NOSLER BULLETS AND IMR4350 OR AA4350 POWDER. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE A GREAT HELP. THANKS.

I own a 257 Arnold, email me at upkmn at yahoo.com , I may have some information:grin:

Now here is a resurrection on an old thread! It must surely qualify as a record of some sort. Upkmn, give us a picture of your firearm and/or the case when you get a chance. I've never seen this particular cartridge.

You're right Mike - wow - 2005 to 2012!

Arnold Arms was a well respected maker of upscale, accurate, rifles here in Washington state for about a decade as I recall.

Doug Arnold, the owner of the business, retired here and I bump into him every now and again at the range, or even in the field. Great guy. I got some great handloading pointers from him a while ago, and we met each other again at the range just a couple of weeks ago.

If I bump into him, I can ask him for info on that cartridge - heck, he created it.

He developed quite a few proprietary cartridges over the years. I think his reloading and rifle tuning book is still available online, though it hasn't been published in a while. A little bird told me that he's working on a new book too.

Look for "High Power Rifle Accuracy" by Doug Arnold.

FWIW, Guy

It is the 264 mag necked down to 257 diameter. You can start with 257 WBY loads and work up.

Man, that is a blast from the past for sure.

That sounds like a very cool bullet blaster! Looking forward to a few pictures or something, it sound's like a ROCKET!

A 257 Wby with out the double radius shoulder.
Sounds pretty cool.

JD338

Back