.257 heavies

Welcome to the forum. I think we'll see more heavy bullets for the 25's coming out just like the 277's are now seeing. Just a matter of time before one of the big makers come out with a new 25 cal round that will have a fast twist.

Welcome to the forum. I think we'll see more heavy bullets for the 25's coming out just like the 277's are now seeing. Just a matter of time before one of the big makers come out with a new 25 cal round that will have a fast twist.
Methinks Hornady’ll release the 25 creedmoor before too long. Too many bullets made for a wildcat for someone not to capitalize on the market.

Methinks Hornady’ll release the 25 creedmoor before too long. Too many bullets made for a wildcat for someone not to capitalize on the market.
I have thought about that one and you may be right. I think eventually Weatherby will come out with a 257 RPM. Pretty close to the same case capacity as the 257 Wby but will fit into their light 6 lug action and they can give it a 1 in 8 twist or even faster.

I have thought about that one and you may be right. I think eventually Weatherby will come out with a 257 RPM. Pretty close to the same case capacity as the 257 Wby but will fit into their light 6 lug action and they can give it a 1 in 8 twist or even faster.
I believe these are 2 accurate assumptions , time will tell.

Please please please come on with some 120-125 gr accubonds.
Many of us have fast twist higher hp quarter bores and don’t care for the bullet construction of your competitors, the ones that beat you to the punch.
That would be a great bullet! With a good BC and deep penetration, it would preform above it's weight class in the fast 25's.

JD338

Agreed. In fact the standard oal for .25-06 is 3.250” so I wonder why not load it to 3.340” with heavy bullets and a faster twist? My Rem 700 .25-06 will get a 1-7.5” twist barrel once the factory 1-10” burns out.
Mine usually come to rest between 5-10 thou off the lands, whatever that number is.
the 3250 figure I threw out was velocity. I’m running 115 BT’s at 3400 right now.

In 2020 Gavin built a 1:7 twist 25 Creedmoor that shot very well with 131 grain bullets. Here's his article and video:

I enjoy hunting with my 25-06 & 115's, but a longer, higher BC bullet would be great as well. Then there's an old 257 Wby languishing unused in the gun safe. With a faster twist barrel, I think it would be excellent with heavier .257" bullets.

Regards, Guy

Back