.264 AccuBond BC?

bboswell

Beginner
Feb 20, 2016
]Is the advertised BC pretty close on these or no?

6.5 PRC dope is being problematic.

Last 5 shot group only recorded 4 shots on the LabRadar but with ES of 4 and SD of 2 which makes me pretty confident in velocity.
f3be683858aa6c7265e006ac0efe4f56.jpg

Shot at 375 today as that’s as long as I can get at home and it shot 1/2 MOA but a full minute low.

I have double checked all input date including scope height and can’t get dope to match real without huge adjustments to either BC or velocity.

Unless these are known for erroneous BC numbers I will confirm 100 zero and then shoot a box to confirm turrets.

when things don't work out , the first thing I do is double check my zero , to be sure it's exactly zero . checking the turrets would be a good thing to do .some scopes move IPHY , instead of MOA . if your scope is IPHY the error would be less than 1/4 inch at 400 yards . the BC of a bullet changes with the twist rate of the barrel ,. the bullet needs to be stabilized to get max BC . to be off a full MOA at only 375 yards tells me there is some bad info in there . did you use a G1 BC number on the G7 scale ? here is a link to when Bryan Litz was testing BC on some of the early ABLR bullets .

https://www.longrangehunting.com/thread ... ts.137554/

And it is interesting that when you lookin the Sierra manuals, velocity effects listed BC's. I have not noticed this in other manuals...

At the end of the day, they always recommend you shoot your rifle to verify the performance of the load in your firearm against published and calculated data, as there are too many variables (i.e. temperature, elevation, etc.) to guarantee that it will be as published or calculated.

Trust, BUT verify!

Just want to say that the load looks like it will perform and is very consistent! Nice!
I am interested in the cartridge, being a big fan of the 6.5 (have a LH 6.5x55 (my 4th) and a LH 6.5 CM, and have owned a 260 Rem and a 6.5x284)

Blkram":2nsmalt3 said:
Just want to say that the load looks like it will perform and is very consistent! Nice!
I am interested in the cartridge, being a big fan of the 6.5 (have a LH 6.5x55 (my 4th) and a LH 6.5 CM, and have owned a 260 Rem and a 6.5x284)

Reshot to confirm zero, 5 shot went ES 12 and SD 6 which is still great for a hunting gun IMO.

I’m more fond of this chambering the more I mess with it. Mild recoil, good velocity, great BC & SD, what’s not to love?

Hornady lists different BC values for different velocity spectrums as well...It could be a plethora of things honestly. I stopped worrying about where bullets should be hitting according to programs, and just recorded actual drop/come ups for my rifle/load/conditions. I stopped wasting time and components this way, and started doing more actual trigger time at LR instead. I also had less headaches...haha. I just tend to go with the saying "it is, what it is" these days :)

Back