270 Bee and 270 Win :)

muleman":yr6nzi6v said:
7828 will be all you need!

Scott

I'll second that. My advice is go with the 130gr E-Tip, use Nosler's data for IMR7828 but use the ssc variant you bought, seat them short, and enjoy the ride!

I have thought about the 130 gr E Tip it certainly is an excellent bullet. I'm sure they will be tried at some point...... It seems IMR 7828 comes up a lot as a great powder for the smaller Bees, glad I was able to pick some up. IMR 7828 ssc is also really good in both the 260 Rem and 6.5x55 with heavy bullets.

This is probably not everyone's first pick in stocks but to me never having owned a nice piece of furniture I picked this 270 Bee up at grabagun.com over in Tejas on the net and love it's beauty and it's not a bad shooter and yes it's already been customized by my clumsy gun handeling skills as the way I look at it, it's a rifle and stuff happens! All wood stocks are going to get marks on them and that does not bother me as if I own a firearm it has a chance to picked up and taken hunting anywhere anytime! Even the pretty ones :lol: the Alpha Hunter scope mount was made by Richard Near from up North as I am sure he is well know in your parts ! :mrgreen:

Congrat's on the combo as I like this caliber a lot :mrgreen:

Kinda' like, "No rifleman is truly a rifleman without a Winchester." :grin:

You guys are too funny, except the last post ^^^ :lol:

Fotis listed his favorite load, how about the rest of you fine 270 Bee owners? :)

gerry":3hx6n4mw said:
You guys are too funny, except the last post

How sharper than a serpent's tooth. That hurts, Gerry; that really hurts. I may have to send in the Marines.

I'm hitting 73.5gr of 7828ssc with a Fed215 under a 130gr E-Tip set at 3.280" in Norma brass, if I recall correctly.

dubyam":38x9rggm said:
I'm hitting 73.5gr of 7828ssc with a Fed215 under a 130gr E-Tip set at 3.280" in Norma brass, if I recall correctly.

Any idea on the speed you are getting?

I'm sure there will be a few Marines to back you up shortly Mike :lol:

That load is running 3420fps in 80deg temps according to my Beta Master Chrony.

dubyam":1hs218xy said:

Everyone knows Beta Masters run 150-200FPS fast Dub, heck, at that rate, you might as well run a 270 Win and save 20 grains of powder.. :lol:

I've got your 6 Mike! :twisted:

SJB358":3pwmo9y1 said:
dubyam":3pwmo9y1 said:

Everyone knows Beta Masters run 150-200FPS fast Dub, heck, at that rate, you might as well run a 270 Win and save 20 grains of powder.. :lol:

Roger that! Direct hit, by the way. :grin:

DrMike":2okn3aoj said:
SJB358":2okn3aoj said:
dubyam":2okn3aoj said:

Roger that! Direct hit, by the way. :grin:

I am pretty decent at calling fire... Indirect has its advantages some days! :twisted:

Gerry sorry to be late on this, good luck with your build, I've had other things on my mind lately and not thinking a lot about guns.

That joke would hold a lot better terminal ballistics if you weren't using a Chrony yourself, Scotty! That's some pretty serious indirect fire, taking aim at yourself...

Would it help to know I can back that up with a PACT Professional giving similar velocities? The benefits of being a packrat...

dubyam":f6z19hax said:
That joke would hold a lot better terminal ballistics if you weren't using a Chrony yourself, Scotty! That's some pretty serious indirect fire, taking aim at yourself...

Would it help to know I can back that up with a PACT Professional giving similar velocities? The benefits of being a packrat...

Dub, mines the red one. Everyone knows the red ones are the accurate ones, not the blue or green ones! Jeeeze! Hahahahaa

Back