270 Bee and 270 Win :)

Being an Auburn Alum, and thinking about last November, I'll take blue over red any day! It just takes a second to run a shot by...

dubyam":3l3mgq4o said:
That load is running 3420fps in 80deg temps according to my Beta Master Chrony.

Thanks, that is moving out pretty good.

dubyam":27oi0nmn said:
Being an Auburn Alum, and thinking about last November, I'll take blue over red any day! It just takes a second to run a shot by...

See, if you ran a 270 Win or WSM it'd only take 1/4 of a second.. :lol:

Gerry, I apologize for mucking up your thread.. Fellow Marine made the call to arms.. :grin:

SJB358":13nv23dm said:
dubyam":13nv23dm said:

Gerry, I apologize for mucking up your thread.. Fellow Marine made the call to arms.. :grin:

Semper Fi, Scotty. Besides, its all in fun.

SJB358":zdwa3c4p said:
dubyam":zdwa3c4p said:

Clearly, you missed my reference. Here's why I refer to "a second to run a shot by...":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR7s2m5Z5GA

Agreed, to be honest, I'd like all three of them.. I love my 270WSM and think I'd like to have both a Win and a Wby in the safe someday..

As much grief as I give about this, Scotty, remember that I bought my son a 270WSM and I suspect I'll one day own the Winchester variant just because. Certainly any of them could easily do the job on mynloacl white-tails and then some.

I finally got a box of Nosler ABLR for my ..270 Weatherby. Gettin´ ready for Africa in Sept. I have high hopes with these bullets and springbok hunting on the open grassveld. I could imagine hunting on the open Montana prairieland in pursue of pronghorn is what is like..crawl, stay low(flat on your belly litteratly) and prepare for a looong shot.
I didn´t bring my .270wea last time I was in Africa....and I missed it every day. This won´t happen Again.

The .270Weatherby deserves it´s own forum :mrgreen:

gerry":1depvgws said:
You guys are too funny, except the last post ^^^ :lol:

Fotis listed his favorite load, how about the rest of you fine 270 Bee owners? :)

Great cartridge chioce Gerry.

Like dubyam, I also use 73.5 gr of IMR 7828ssc, but behind a 130 SST. This combo runs 3450 out of a 26 in barreld Marrk V.

Thank you, looks like IMR 7828 ssc is very popular in the round.

No worries about having fun on this thread, it is one of the things that make this forum a cut above the rest.

gerry a good thing about IMR7828 ssc it is still one of the powders that is still accessable around these parts.
Sure looking forward to your work up & range reports :).

Blessings,
Dan

I haven't been able to sell my LH Rem 700 264 WM for a good price and I'm not just giving it away so I'm going to do the 270 Wby on the Remington action. It feeds super smooth and I really like it. The Sako action will be turned into either a 308 Norma Mag or the "Big Swede" the 358 Norma Mag, the latter would be a simple re chamber of the 35 Whelen barrel since I have both a standard and magnum bolt for it. My other Whelen is built on a Rem 700 as well.

That sounds like a very sensible move, Gerry. The Remington action will be a good one for the Bee. I'm chomping at the bit to lay hands on my 358 Norma. Nothing wrong with the 308 Norma Mag, either.

Man, that is an EXCELLENT idea Gerry. I really hope you do a Norma. Sako built 358 Norma is too cool!

I do like the idea of a 308 Norma as well. It's one of those cartridges that floats in my head for my 300 magnum....

This past year, I worked up loads for three .308 Norma Mags. It is a great cartridge that will flat out deliver the goods. All three rifles were in one extended family that had fallen in love with the cartridge. It was a pleasantly well-behaved cartridge that required no special effort to make it shoot well.

My Sako was originally a 308 Norma and I miss it, it always delivered for me and should never have gone away from it. I used 3 loads in it, the 200 gr Speer G.S at 2900 fps with MRP was the main load, IMR 4350 with the 180 gr Mag Tip at 3070 fps was another stand out and the great 220 gr Partition with MRP at 2700 fps was a real hammer. Somewhere along the way the 180 gr Partition Gold was used and was also a great load.

These days I would look hard at one of the 180-200 gr Nosler's and the 220 gr PT would be a must :)

Those were some great velocities, Gerry. I have no doubt any one of them would have worked very well on game in your AO.

That's just classic 300 magnum stuff right there Gerry. It is nice to know that Norma does make brass for it too. While a little spendy, I am really a fan of their stuff. I'd almost put something together with the availability of their brass. Same goes for the 358 Norma.

gerry, this new build of yours is really going to be something. The 308 Norma is really a HAMMER those Moose around Terrace are really going to be nervous!!

Blessings,
Dan

Back