.270 load development help with next step

I received a callback the gunsmith that he has located a barrel manufacturer that has or will drill and ream a new barrel for my gun. If he has one, it will take a few more weeks, because they want to carefully measure the contour of a browning barrel and duplicate it exactly because apparently the contour and stock are "Browning special" and have to be cut to fit. If he doesn't it will take longer, because they sequence through their orders, like caliber at a time. I'm encouraged because the gunsmith owns the same gun in 30.08 and plans on upgrading his own barrel in due time. They seemed well aware of the caveats. . .

Cost will be in the $600 range which seems pretty standard for a good barrel. I don't know who the manufacture is, and didn't ask. Given my choices, I'm happy to get a competent gunsmith that knows the manufacture and make to go to work on it. I'll report back in a few weeks when its done, then work up some new loads.

I went to (2) Japanese machine builders some years ago to get a special machine made. After 4 weeks of drinking green tea and sitting lotus style all day with no chair and having to sit and eat sea weed, sea urchins and drink Saki (yeach!) until midnight.

At the end of this process, the Japanese companies told us that they would give us a quote but that they would only build a machine built to our spec by them, without our being invited to attend design reviews, in fact we were not welcome! They would give us perfect machine, (guaranteed!!!!!!!) with no design feedback from us.

I told them good bye, sayonara SB! See you rater, arrigator! My boss was later fired because he took a wide screen TV from the Japs as a token of partnership but nobody told me! I won't own anything Japanese or Chinese! Crooks build!

Back