280 AI build

I'll let David talk about the pictures.. Looks like it'll be a tackdriver though.

Thanks Scotty for posting those. I picked up the 4.5-14x40mm Leupold with the B&C reticle and it has the adjustable objective. I had a box of factory 140 gr. Accubonds that I used for break in. After I got it adjusted pretty close at 100 yards I was still shooting one and cleaning as I did right from the start. This picture is six shots, shoot and clean, and on number 5 that is the one that went a little high and right. That was the shooter. The next one went right with the others. I was pretty happy considering these are factory loads and I was cleaning after each shot. These chronographed at 3040 fps in my rifle.

I was shooting and glad I was paying attention as this deer came down eating the green grass and just stood there when I was shooting. I had to make sure he wasn't in the line of fire. Funny how they figure this out the way they do.

Looks like I'll have to keep this thing.

Most attractive, David. It does appear that this will be a shooter. You've done well.

Very nice looking rifle!! It looks like she is going to give you many years of fine shooting.
Thanks for the photos!!

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks Mike & Dan, I do think I'm going to like it very much. I need to get my dies on the way now!!

David,

Very very nice!
You have a shooter right there and it won't be long before you are stacking them.
Congratulations on a beautiful rifle.

JD338

Woodycreek":3rj34ep6 said:
David,

Congrats on a very cool rifle.
Thanks. It's nice to hear from you again! Beginning to wonder if you winter-killed on us! Ordering some Redding dies for it tomorrow and then the fun begins!!

David please keep us informed on how the load development goes. We always enjoy range reports with with photos (y)!

Blessings,
Dan

Back