280AI

Thanks JD, I am really interested to see what it will do with the 150gr. ABLRs with a 611BC they should really deliver some down range smack :mrgreen: and when I fouled the barrel up at the farm both shots were touching about a 1" high @ 100 yards :)!
I am really starting to love this little lady more each time I put another round through it 8).

Blessings,
Dan

Dan,

The 150 gr ABLR is the perfect bullet for the 280 AI. You will be impressed with the results on elk.
The elk won't be impressed, just dead. :mrgreen:

Good luck buddy.

JD338

Your turn will come and when it does the 280 will not let you down, best of luck.

The 150 ABLR works quite well out of my 280; no reason it won't work even better our of your 280 AI.

Well we have been real patient but the weather is not cooperating plus 28C here today and it is supposed to be 32C tomorrow :evil:! Oh well shouldn't be greedy as we already have 4 down!!
I am sitting in our blind right now it is absolutely beautiful out :mrgreen:. This is almost play by play :wink:!! I hope everyone is doing well will be home Friday late!

Blessings,
Dan

Dan nice job. You know I have one of those .280AI's in the works. Hopefully it will come home to daddy real soon. I sure hope you get to work that thing out. Best of luck sir.
David

Dan,

You still have plenty of time to fill your tag.
Best of luck.

JD338

Until the sun sets on the final day, you're in the game, Dan. We're all pulling for you.

Well I got back on Friday from our Elk hunt. The final week it was just me and my cousin we had a great time but I did not connect on a Elk in fact this year I did not even see one right side up.
We ended up with 4 out of 5 so I consider us very blessed.
Another great thing that happened was a young neighbour of the land owner asked us if he could sit in the blind with us in the evening we said sure.
Lance was the young fellow that I mentioned last year that had a large bull going and he was using bicycle handle bars to call. Well Lance this year had his voice change and he can not longer use the bars but he now uses a regular bugle call and is very well schooled in calling.
He sat three nights with us and he was a joy to be around on Wednesday he told us that Thursday was his thirteenth birthday so we refurbished a older thermocell and gave that to him along with a double reed cow Elk call :) he was just plain happy. The hunting was such a treat but the weather was way to nice as we had 4 days of weather right around 30C and only the last night did we get any response we had a young bull coming in and then there were 5 shots fairly close to where we were calling we heard him getting out of the area and it was silent for the rest of the evening.
To bad that I had to come back as these last few days of September have really cooled down but I can not get back up there for last few days.
This might be the end of my hunting this season as our Moose hunt looks to have fallen apart :evil:,there is still Whitetail but the populations are so down we are not sure we are going to hunt them.
Still hoping that the Moose hunt turns around but it will be last minute if it does. Sure glad we got to spend some time with Lance and it looks like this lad is going to be a great addition to the hunting fraternity :)

Blessings,
Dan

Back