30-30s (pic)

DrMike":3ke5cbi8 said:
The 32 Win can be a fine shooting rifle. I've witnessed a few that were surprisingly accurate.

I have heard of guys killing their deer in Minnesota with 30-30 loads out of their 32 WS because they forgot there ammo home!
Granted they were very close shots on the deer but not a huge diameter between the 2 either.

Wierd! :shock:

Longwinters - Barsness writes time to time about "honest rifles."

I do believe your .30-30 could be so described. Good looking old lever action with some family history to it. Nice.

It is really hard to not like the 30-30. Might have to add it to the hunting line up this Fall.

Here is a photo, SJB358, of my 1886 and Model 71 Winchester rifles. The 86 is in .33 Winchester and was purchased years ago at Gamelines Sporting Goods on Pearl St. in Boulder, Colorado before Pearl St. went yuppie with boutiques, vegetarian cafes and coffee shops. The Model 71 was purchased at the Cabela's store in Sidney, Nebraska. The rifle was in excellent shape but had a poorly done refinish on the wood, which I've since corrected. It already had installed a good aperture sight, along with a sourdough-style front sight. I used the .33 Winchester on a black bear hunt north of Spokane several years back. After the bear came out of the tall tree like a pole-axed steer, the guide had to ask me, "What kind of rifle is that again?".

Attachments

• Old Winchesters.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 576
Very nice DCD. As I accumulate more years under my belt, or is that over my belt, I am more inclined to appreciate the old ways and the older style guns. Those are two nice ones.

Long

Seeing those rifles made my day. I do not have any older Winchester lever guns anymore and am poorer for it! Only five years ago, I had two 94's, a 64 Deluxe and a Model 92, now I have none!

SJB358":16eo13hz said:
It is really hard to not like the 30-30. Might have to add it to the hunting line up this Fall.

Geez, at some point I'm going to have to start finding excuses for taking rifles OUT of the hunting rotation... just too many to take them all...

NIB 1976 Winchester 94 30-30.

MatthewApril09NewGun011.jpg

WinchesterBicentennial009.jpg

This one isn't your daddy's .30-30 for sure!
P1000164.jpg

P1000166.jpg

P1000177.jpg

I have a M94 top eject that I bought a couple of years ago to replace one that I let my brother talk me out of my old AE. I won't live without a .30-30 of some sort or other because they are so fun to shoot. Thinking about getting a .30-30 AI in the future.

These are all some interesting 30-30s showing up on this thread.

Back