300 bee vs steel

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Getting ready to do a few modifications on Yvetts 300 bee. Had a couple of her dads 1985 reloads, 150 gr partitions and one of my 180 gr accubonds on my workbench.
What the hell, stepped outside stuffed them in the magazine. Three quick shots off hand at 80 yards. The 1/2 inch plate sang three times. Gotta love it. I wasn't really worried about the directions saying 200 yards with fast steppers.
Those damn partitions penetrate well. IMG_0705.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have to be moving at warp speeds Don. Can't imagine much slowing them down.

Velocity had to have been something else. It sure created a round that penetrates.

I think I would break the seal on those 150gr loads before I shot any more sounds and looks like they might be welded together.

Just think what it will do to elk shoulder blades. :)

JD338

Still hoping she'll get the chance to take a late season cow. We will let you know.

salmonchaser":lrucqeeq said:
Still hoping she'll get the chance to take a late season cow. We will let you know.

Fingers crossed buddy.

JD338

I know two people who use nothing but 150 g partitions in their .300wbys. and at 3550fps they are absolutely deadly on elk. One fella is 80 years old and has shot more elk than most people have even seen. It may not be considered a long range bullet but at that velocity who cares about BC ?

Yvettes dad used the 150 for everything, got a little pissy with me for even playing with 180 grain AccuBond. I can take a hint. Picked up a box of 150 Partition and a can of 4831. Daddy's rifle will shoot his load henceforth.

Salmonchaser, those 300s really like IMR7828, if you have any it is worth a try. Years ago I switched from H4831 and gained velocity without any pressure sign, it works well in .257 to 340 Wbys. and also 7mm Rem.

I had the same reaction with my 300 WM at 300 yards, with 180's. We loaded H-4831 in ours for lots of years.

Back