300 H&H Ruger Number One...

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Gah! I was offered one at what amounts to a reasonable price these days. Looks good. Wood is not outstanding, mostly just straight grain walnut. It appears to be a 1-S, meaning 26" barrel and the Ruger sights.

Would go wonderfully with my 375 H&H Ruger Number One...

I already have a terrific 7mm Rem Mag Ruger Number 1-S with which I've only done a little hunting. It's accurate as all get out. This 300 H&H would do the same job, but it's so doggone cool! Argh! I do NOT need this rifle... Sure do like it though. :)

Wrestling with this one. Dang...

Guy

Do it!! It seems the rifle-buying devils have been tempting us all lately. I just sold a few guns and then a couple weeks ago finally found one of my grail guns, a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk .357 so I bought it. This week while perusing Gunbroker I spied another, a Winchester Model 70 Stainless Featherweight in .22.250 :rolleyes:

Do I need it? Heck no. Do I think about it more than I should? Bet your life!

You can play with it and then send it down the road after making videos and writing articles about it! The .300 H&H is a great round!

Gah! I was offered one at what amounts to a reasonable price these days. Looks good. Wood is not outstanding, mostly just straight grain walnut. It appears to be a 1-S, meaning 26" barrel and the Ruger sights.

I already have a terrific 7mm Rem Mag Ruger Number 1-S with which I've only done a little hunting. It's accurate as all get out. This 300 H&H would do the same job, but it's so doggone cool! Argh! I do NOT need this rifle... Sure do like it though. :)

Guy
Just do it. Wanting has nothing to do with needing.

Need has nothing to do with it! ;)
Stop wrestling and take advantage of the opportunity before it is gone and you spend years kicking yourself for not doing it!
More people regret things they didn't do; don't be one of those people! :rolleyes:
You want it is sufficient and you don't need to justify that to anyone.

Guy, why not? If you can afford to pay the rent, make the car payments, buy groceries, and have clothes for your family then there is no reason not to. You have paid your dues. At our age there is no reason to deny yourself a little bit of indulgence.

Need has nothing to do with it! ;)
Stop wrestling and take advantage of the opportunity before it is gone and you spend years kicking yourself for not doing it!
More people regret things they didn't do; don't be one of those people! :rolleyes:
You want it is sufficient and you don't need to justify that to anyone.
Truer words have never been spoken.
So let me be the first to congratulate you on your new 300 H&H Mag!

Now you need a box of 180 gr PT's. ;)

JD338

Guy
Wrestle?
This is a concept that I find highly illogical, Captain.
You see rifle. You like rifle. You buy rifle.
I see no wrestling involved here Captain.

Vince

Guy, why not? If you can afford to pay the rent, make the car payments, buy groceries, and have clothes for your family then there is no reason not to. You have paid your dues. At our age there is no reason to deny yourself a little bit of indulgence.
Sell family and buy the rifle.

Vince

I had the opportunity to get a color case hardened Ruger no 1 in 300 H&H and stupidly passed that one up. Don't let it be your regret!

Back