300 Win Mag Super Grade

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Finally had a chance to shoot the Super grade. I tried several loads with RL16 and IMR 7828. To make a long story short I settled on this load for now.

CmNVVd5.jpg

eVVS80g.jpg

Loving my FX true ballistics chrono

6GFKcT9.jpg

Now IMR 7828 did push the 162 Absolute hammer at 3350 or so but it yielded a group that was a little bigger. No excess pressure signs.

Very nice Fotis. That rifle is a beauty.
Nice shooting.

JD338

Nice job👍
I’m finding the harder you push Hammers the result is 2 in 1 out. Is that what you were seeing?

You are getting that Beautiful rifle zeroed in Fotis and it looks like it will shoot as good as it looks.
My 300Win still sits in the safe unused since I couldn't find a load that it or I liked with 180gr or 200gr bullets.
Maybe I should try some light for caliber bullets in it below 180gr.

You are getting that Beautiful rifle zeroed in Fotis and it looks like it will shoot as good as it looks.
My 300Win still sits in the safe unused since I couldn't find a load that it or I liked with 180gr or 200gr bullets.
75 to 76gr of Reloder 22 or
79 to 80.5gr of H1000 .
Most barrels will find happiness with one or both of these loads with 180gr bullets.

Try the Hammers TTSX or LRX..... Let me know if you need help.

Try the Hammers TTSX or LRX..... Let me know if you need help.
Thanks Fotis for the offer.
It is a used rifle that I don't know it's history. It's been in the back of the safe for over 5yrs and I should get it out and see what my notes say it was doing. I might even have a few post on here about it that I can dig up.

Thanks Fotis for the offer.
It is a used rifle that I don't know it's history. It's been in the back of the safe for over 5yrs and I should get it out and see what my notes say it was doing. I might even have a few post on here about it that I can dig up.
If you dig it out, try scrubbing the bore with Iosso paste or JB Bore paste and Kroil

Back