300gr Speer - 45-70

The Model 86 keeps getting pushed back. I just picked up a 6.5 Creedmoor with dies and brass. I am hoping to pick up my Model 94 375 Win and 35 Whelen this week (perhaps tomorrow?).

That sounds like a thumper Charlie. I like those big Speers.

Mike, I know you'll find the one you just can't walk away from eventually! Scotty

Awsome Scotty..those speer bullets are awsome!!...they shoot great in my 45-70, as do the 300gr barnes...but for 2012, i well be shooting the 300gr TBBC bullet in my 45-70 :grin: ..either way, the 45-70 is a hammer :evil:

BigBear":s8m32izq said:
Awsome Scotty..those speer bullets are awsome!!...they shoot great in my 45-70, as do the 300gr barnes...but for 2012, i well be shooting the 300gr TBBC bullet in my 45-70 :grin: ..either way, the 45-70 is a hammer :evil:

Most any of the 300gr and up bullets are awesome in the 45-70. Kept to a sane speed they are some serious performers. I gotta get back in with the 45-70 and load some cast up. Wanna see what all the fuss is about!

And they call that bullet the plinker!

FUNNY!

1302.gif

SJB358":v1ceu61f said:
gerry":v1ceu61f said:
I thought this bullet is made exactly the same way as the Deep Curl bullets so any changes would be in name only to create a line up of bullets

Could be? I think it is the same exact bullet used in Federal Fusion loads which are supposed to be the same as Deep Curls. Again, this is all here say and such. I really haven't seen anything written solidly down. Scotty

I hope this is true, because the local shop has 45-70 Fusion loads in stock, and I picked some up today. If its as accurate as the 7mm08 loads, its gonna be my load of choice

I was really bummed years back when Nosler stopped producing their 300gr PT! I used that bullet in two (at different times...I trade a lot! :))Browning 1886 LWTs. I just recently put a Remlin Cowboy carbine in Laya way, have gather up a few of these 300gr speers as well. I do like to use the 425 PDJ for some stuff, but never pushed them (nor had to) much past 1600fps. I have some of them ordered too. If the Fed 300 factory load shoots well at their adv speed (1800+) I won't push them faster...I don't like a face full of lwt 45-70, ha!.

Back