.307 Win. loads for the 170Gr. RN Partition

rodhuston

Beginner
Sep 18, 2005
I recently accuired a Win 94 "Big bore" angle eject chambered for the 307 Win. I know I can load spitzers in it if I only put, one in the chamber, and one, in the magazine. I would like to hear of anyone experiences with the 170 GR RN Partition on game and any load data, as the current Nosler Manual does not include this round.

I appreciate the response. I will check those references. I still hope to get some feedback on the use of the 170 Gr. RN Partion on game, with the 307 Win. I know it wasn't very popular, but for an old lever gun hand like my self, I think it should have some potential.

Well, I load that bullet in a .300 Savage and using RL-15, it spits them out @ 2600 FPS.

I use the rifle for Wisconsin Whitetail Deer. Just performs GREAT!
I know it will drop a Bear dead.

The bullet expands very rapidly into a mushroom about the size of a thumbnail, being driven and intact by the base of the bullet. I have never lost a Deer using this load. Have made shots @ 150 yards, to 20 ft. The bullet just performs in the .300 Savage which would not be too different in performance than the .307.

Try it, I think you to will find it to be a winner!

Regards,

I appreciate your response. I am glad to hear that the bullet performs well, at 300. Savage speeds. I am sure they will be close to 307 Win out of my mod. 94 carbine. Thanks again! Good Hunting!

Back