.338-06 AI, Win 70 link to Gunbroker ad now!

Very nice! If I was below the line, I surely would be tempted to make the effort to own that rifle. Interesting cartridge in an excellent rifle. Handsome piece of wood on it.

Awe crap I just went and looked at it! Must get scope for .280 AI, must get scope for 280 AI...must.......................

Guy I can't believe you didn't want such a beautiful rifle. That is Fotis wood. I take it that $680 was the stores asking price?

I can long-term loan you a 4.5-14 Leupold for your .280 rifle David...

Guy Miner":o2xuvv1e said:
I can long-term loan you a 4.5-14 Leupold for your .280 rifle David...
Very much appreciated Guy but I think I'm just about ready to get her but that offer is very kind and generous!

Truck Driver, I WANT it, I'm just not buying it..

Not sure they ever put a price on it in the shop. Were pretty intent on auctioning it from the first time I saw it.

Dang Guy that's a shame. With that wood they should get top dollar. The starting price is about my spending limit.

Looks nice, just never warmed up to them pre 64's

That Winchester certainly has nice wood, guys. The price is not too dear either? Somebody ought to jump that one. I bet it would kick like hell!

That's a beautiful rifle and being built on a Pre-64 makes it a little cooler yet. The serial on the receiver is danged close to my Alaskan...

That's one of those rifles that would be a pleasure to own. Price seems decent.

We'll see what it goes for in nine days. Bids are almost certain to go higher.

Right. Rocky's put it up for auction with no reserve, and bidding started at a buck...

They do that a lot. It's what they did when they sold my .45 revolver a couple of weeks ago. I won't be surprised to see this rifle fetch a good price on Gunbroker. It's going to attract all the guys who like those classic American sporters.

Like me. :grin:

I really like the stock design, it fits my hands well, and comes to shoulder nicely. Looks good, classic. The wood is pretty unique - and I like the strong figure in the buttstock, but relatively straight, strong grain through the wrist and into the fore-end.

A classic CRF Pre-64 Winchester action is a wonderful heart of the rifle! I like the subdued, matte finish as well.

The older 2-7x Redfield is useful, and I'd likely not change it. Or it could be easily swapped for something else. A bright new 1.75-6x or 1.5-5x perhaps? Or even a classic fixed 3x or 4x scope...

Hope someone here on the forum latches onto this rifle. My youngest son just took a look at it and really likes it too.

Logistically it would be a pain in the neck for me. No room left in the gun safe. Not a single .338" bullet on hand. Already have two very useful rifles that use all the .30-06 brass I come by. No dies for .338-06 AI, and of course it's hard to say if the chamber is exactly the same as other custom jobs with the same name or not. Time for a chamber cast probably. So, lots of reasons why I didn't push to snap this one up when I first saw it in the gun shop.

Doggone it.

Guy

Agree. It's at $740 last I checked, rising fast, and nine days to go...

Guy I'd send you some 210 PTs for your son to use. Pretty sure that'd be the first and last bullet you'd need... Or maybe some 200 ABs!

I know what you mean though. You've got a beautiful M70 375 that needs to hunt some elk or something worthy!

I've got a couple that need some hunt time as well...

Back