.338 180gr accubond = dead whitetail

Shooter2000

Beginner
Aug 30, 2005
This year was my first time loading my 338 ever, though I would try the 180 gr accubonds that everyone is talking about.

I can say that they are excellent bullets because of the ballistics and terminal performance.

my gun seems to "like" these better than the 200 gr ballistic tips but I need to do more experimenting.

I came across a decent whitetale that was chasing does roughly 400 yds out. I ranged him once as he was @ 398 then I set up my rifle for zero, checked again he was @ 415. The buck was going in circles and when he was broadside I squeezed the trigger and he fell forward and that was it.
The entrance hole was caliber size, throught the heart exiting shoulder, but the hole was just a little smaller than fist size.

Compared to the 200 gr ballistic tips, the exit damage was fairly similar but I feel that the AccuBond seem to create more terminal damage.

so, chok up another one for the accubonds.

I do have photos, but I am retarded when it comes to posting photos on forums.

Where were you rifle hunting for bucks in Michigan? Season does not start til Nov 15th. You must have been in another state.

Long

shooter
I sent you a pm. Send me your pic and i will be glad to post it for you. Mike

longwinters":32hlv4kx said:
Where were you rifle hunting for bucks in Michigan? Season does not start til Nov 15th. You must have been in another state.

Long

Ya for sure!
If I had the opportunity here in MI that I do the in the state of Wyoming I might reconsider but, hunting in any western state is totally awesome compared to MI due to the beauty and vastness.

I dont care if I dont even see one deer which is highly unlikly out west, its for the fact of getting out of MI for a great hunt.

Here are shooter2000's photos. Nice buck!
edit.jpg

Dsc00177.jpg

Hey I cant see the photos! just little red X's, what's up with that?????

I have plenty more[/list]

Back