338 300 gr Accubond Loading Data/Range Results thread

I have a HS precision LA stock with a full 1.25" barrel channel that I use for testing on new guns. I'll probably drop my Edge into it and break it in today and maybe shoot some tonight. I have some more loads to try in various other guns anyway. It's suppose to be 87* here today and tomorrow (which are records are a good margin. The old records are about 80*).

@ 1704 and 1048 yds last night... .372 G7 was "1 MOA rock" spot on for elevation from a zero height 200 yd zero, and a MV of 2785 fps.

29.11 Station pressure, 64 deg F, 70% humidity. 94 gr Retumbo, F215GMs, 3.810 COAL, .0015 NK tension = 3/4 MOA @ 200 yds.

Applied Ballistic Droid app said the 1704 yd shot was right at 1100 fps...it seemed to make the transition well.

Hadn't seen any G7 info out there for this bullet, thought I'd share my intial results.

If you've got feedback (positive/negative) on how this G7 number performed for you....send it! It'd be good to see a good G7 field proven number get hammered out for this bullet.

Here's the story/pics on the rigs doing the shooting...
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/straight-shooter-supply-338-lapua-mark-v-96512/

Autorotate

I am shooting a 338 RUM 300 gr AB, using the G7 drag model and a BC of .375 it is spot on at 800 yds.

JD338

Just curious if anyone here is shooting the 300's from a 338 Lapua Accumark and what kinda results they were getting on game or target? I really like the fluted Accumarks and my 338-378 really gets my smile on! Which is hard to make happen! I have some to load in 300 AB and also some SMK's also for my Accumark!

HOGWILD338-378":1asad43l said:
Just curious if anyone here is shooting the 300's from a 338 Lapua Accumark and what kinda results they were getting on game or target? I really like the fluted Accumarks and my 338-378 really gets my smile on! Which is hard to make happen! I have some to load in 300 AB and also some SMK's also for my Accumark!

The 338 300 gr AB on game performance has been good so far.
I did some crop damage control a few weeks back and had excellent results.
This buck was shot at 439 yds.
IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

JD338

That looks as if it did put the smack-down on that buck, Jim. Yeah, I believe a 300 grain AB will take down game when launched from a 338 RUM.

A few tenderized pieces of backstrap and some 40 weight gravy looks really good about now and it would not take long to make that happen with a nice young buck like that one! :) Nice kill, DRT i would imagine !

Oldtrader3":bnfiren0 said:
Judging by the blood coming from the ears, I do not think this deer went far!!

Actually, I dropped him in his tracks. I moved his head for a better picture and then turned him over to show the entrance wound.

JD338

JD

Good to hear we're only .003 points apart, that could easily be accounted for by an error in our zeros, interpretation of the environmental factors, and our individual barrels. If/when you get a chance to test it at further distances, please post up your findings. I'll do the same if/when I get to shoot at some paper at distance to make a more refined POI call. What twist is your rifle? FWIW, this is a Brux 9.5 twist.

Thanks for sharing.

Now we just need some .338-378Wby results. That is one loooooong bullet. I will be getting some for my Bee for sure.

[img
300grNAB338lapuaLD.jpg
][/img]

.338 300gr NAB
.338 Lapua improved
97gr Retumbo
cci250
.025" off lands
2850 fps...no pressure yet:)

4 rapid rounds at 100yds; 4th went high

msowa

Welcome to the forum.

That is some mighty fine shooting there! Impressive speed you are getting too.

JD338

msowa,

Welcome to the forum. That is some fine shooting. Obviously, that is a great load for your rifle. I'm certain it will attract quite a bit of attention.

Thanks for the greetings! Finally had something worthwhile to contribute so I joined up; use this site for reference quite a bit.

msowa,

Please post a picture of your rig. What barrel and length are you shooting?
The 338 300 gr AB at 2850 fps is impressive.

JD338

Pics to follow.
30" McGowan 1-10 #8
Barker Machine Works M24 action
manners, Jewel, and Razor

Need to verify case volume vs standard lapua brass but for reference I was at 99gr retumbo this morning pushing Sierra MKs at 2931 w/ ES of 6. Don't have a full length sizing die yet so I'm stopping there.

Sure wish the NAB's could be purchased in bulk to bring the prices down.

338lapuaLDjpg.jpg

Weighs in at 15 lbs 10oz...nice walking around the woods weight right! I'm pleased as hell with how it's shooting.

Back