338-378

Excellent Fotis. 2 clicks East and your point blank out to 400 yards with surgical precision.
The ultimate elk/moose thumper.

JD338

It hurts my shoulder just thinking of pulling that trigger.:)
I was thinking of that too...
But a 225 @ 3155 from the 338-378 shouldn't be that much different than a 210 @ 3250 from a 340 Wby which I have fired and did not find objectionable. Although I pretty confident in saying that the larger case takes quite a bit more powder to produce its velocity;)
Maybe FOTIS can give us the recoil figures for the two loads in similar rifles for comparison??? (I do not recall the calculation at the moment)

I was thinking of that too...
But a 225 @ 3155 from the 338-378 shouldn't be that much different than a 210 @ 3250 from a 340 Wby which I have fired and did not find objectionable. Although I pretty confident in saying that the larger case takes quite a bit more powder to produce its velocity;)
Maybe FOTIS can give us the recoil figures for the two loads in similar rifles for comparison??? (I do not recall the calculation at the moment)
This one kicks a lot more..... NO break on this one

I know that muzzle brakes are easier on the shooters' shoulders...but they sure are harder on the ears!
Not to mention the slap that the bystander that is close by to the side, receives.
Been beside a braked 30-06 and 300 Win Mag...can't imagine what that 338-378 would feel like!

Back