35 cal 225 gr Accubond (x2) from moose

There are no moose up here, Gil. Gerry is right--pics! Or in didn't happen.

Sorry guys...didn't take any pics...can't eat the pics!
But I'll be thinking of you as I eat those tasty tenderloins!!!
can take a pic of the recovered bullet...

Congratulations Gil, that should help you and the Mrs. through the winter (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Looks like you got great performance from both those bullets. I’m going to have to read your hunt thread.

Thanks for posting the report on the bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PJGunner":33lr2tgh said:
Gerry, the longest shot I've taken on elk was a lasered 350 yards. One shot and the elk died DRT. That bullet has really worked extremely well for me on elk. I would love to try it on a moose. Maybe if I'm lucky I might find an affordable bison hunt. That TSX should do a number on one if I put it in the right place.
Paul B.

Hope you get the chance to try it out on either a moose or a bison, it's obviously doing well for you and like I said the one bull moose I shot with them sure didn't like them ;)

Blkram":33lr2tgh said:

Well, where's the thread on your recovered AccuBond? It's been a couple of days already :lol:

Rednek rampager":33lr2tgh said:
Looks like you got great performance from both those bullets. I’m going to have to read your hunt thread.

Thanks for posting the report on the bullets.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Blkram":3j46zpf7 said:

Well, where's the thread on your recovered AccuBond? It's been a couple of days already :lol:

[/quote]

Sorry Gerry,
Our internet has been down most of the week and I have been busy hauling hay.
I will get a pic to Mike to post.
Gil

Posting for BlkRam (Gil).

Gil claims that he shot a moose with his 9.3X62. No pictures of the moose, but he did forward a picture of the recovered bullet.

pFGOxnD.jpg

I'm certain Gil will be along shortly to give us a bit more insight into what is going on.

So the Nosler AccuBond started life at 250 gr and retained 233.0 gr for 93.2% weight retention, and expanded from .366" to 0.831" for just over 2.7 times the original diameter.
Again, the shot was 123 yards and travelled over 24" through the moose's spine on the quartering to shot.
Tasty steaks!

Congrats on the moose Gerry!

Those recoveries look excellent buddy. Don’t get no better than that.

Gil, the 9.3 looks excellent as well and that is the same combo I’m using in my 9.3 as well.

Back