35 caliber accubond

hvy barrel

Beginner
Mar 1, 2006
Does Nosler make a 180 grain 35 caliber AccuBond?
I thought that I seen it listed in the # 6 manual last night, but I have not seen it on the website.
Did I dream this bullet up?

Sorry, no 180 gr AB offerings in 35 cal, only the 225 gr AB, 225 gr PT and 250 gr PT.

JD338

I'd like to see them in 180gr and 200gr, for shooting in T/C Contender pistols.... :grin:

Yep, dreamed it up!
I looked again last night, the only 180gr listing was a pistol bullet.
I think that a 180 or 200 gr AccuBond would go over well.

Not to hyjack your thread, but why did they convert the ballistic tip to an AccuBond any how? I would have thought the jacket would have been fine for most hunting.

Mauserkid,

First of all, welcome to the Forum ....

The A-bond and B-tip are two separate bullets, no conversion as you can purchase either or.
The A-bond is basically a bonded version of the B-tip. Some here are able to interchange the A-bond with the B-tips and shoot in the same place..... and some not. Either way, both excellent bullets.

I am sorry; I guess I should not have used the word conversion... Should have said replaced. The ballistic version is no longer available for the .358 caliber. I know the acubond is bonded core technology; my question is why was it necessary to change over on that particular caliber?
The ballistic tip was made with a thicker jacket on the larger diameter projectiles.
By making them an acubond, Nosler increased the cost of the bullet heads. The entire reason I built my 35 was to use the Balistic tip bullet heads, they were not overly priced, shot well in other rifle calibers, and cabable of taking large game.

The bullet was to long unless seated deeply and way to explosive for my liking, I shot a mule deer with my whelen and it created the largest exit hole I have ever seen it was the size of a soft ball. I like rem rn cl for deer and 250 partitions for elk, I going to give 225 parts a try this next year for elk.

What grain weight Corelokts RN are you using for deer in the whelen? Asking because I use the 200gr CLRN in a 35rem at 2200fps it works great. I also see it loaded in the 358win at 2500fps and thats seems like its pushing it but I do not know how well it works at that or higher velcities?

tjen,

I played with some 200 gr SPCL (35 Rem) bullets in my 35 Whelen quite a fre years ago. They shot well and held together just as well as the 200 gr PSPCL factory loads. In fact, I shot a total of 4 bucks with the 200 gr PSPCL in '88 and '89 and 2 never exited!
The first year I hunted with my Whelen, I shot two bucks. Buck #1 was a big 11 pt shot at the base of the neck as he was qtr away. Smashed the spine and never exited. The Taxidermist lost the bullet.
Buck #2 was a Spike shot head on in the neck. Bullet smashed the spine and deflected down through the shoulder and was found under the hide when I skinned him.
I switched to the 225 gr PT in '90 when Nosler introduced this bullet and never looked back.

JD338

Back