.375 H&H 300gr Norma Oryx (update, 8 jugs!)

gerry":2nnxy8m8 said:
Thanks for the info Lou, I'll check them out. Love seeing those Sako's of yours, very nice rifles that cover a lot of different hunting.

Gerry, you have a PM,
Regards, Lou

That's some awesome performance Lou. 8 jugs is no joke!

Midway and another I can't remember stock the Oryx. Lou has given me the push to try them I think!

SJB358":24nclmqb said:
That's some awesome performance Lou. 8 jugs is no joke!

Midway and another I can't remember stock the Oryx. Lou has given me the push to try them I think!
Thanks Scotty :grin:
Since were here, I have some other bullets that I recoverd.
From left to right, 375 H&H 300gr oryx,7mag 175gr TBBC (from black bear),270wsm 150gr oryx,270wsm 140gr AccuBond,and last 270win 140gr AccuBond.

Lou,

That is a fine pair of Sako's you have there. You are ready to hunt anything in the world.

JD338

I went and bought a couple of boxes of the 180, .30-06 Oryx, Norma's from Midway yesterday. They were on sale and I wanted to try them for accuracy. Plus, they were cheaper than the 9.3x74R Oryx's!

Interesting, because in the write-ups by users on the 286 gr, 9.3 mm Oryx, they were given poor marks by African hunters for penetration. They must have changed the lead hardness or something? Penetrating (8) gallon jugs of water with a 300 grain, .375 Oryx bullet is not poor penetration performance!

Oldtrader3":1qj8ysdk said:
I went and bought a couple of boxes of the 180, .30-06 Oryx, Norma's from Midway yesterday. They were on sale and I wanted to try them for accuracy. Plus, they were cheaper than the 9.3x74R Oryx's!

Interesting, because in the write-ups by users on the 286 gr, 9.3 mm Oryx, they were given poor marks by African hunters for penetration. They must have changed the lead hardness or something? Penetrating (8) gallon jugs of water with a 300 grain, .375 Oryx bullet is not poor penetration performance!
OT, let us know how they shoot for you,I do know that Norma Oryx bullets have been improved from the previous version, not too long ago, and they penetrate very, very well.
Yours well look just like this one 8) ..Lou

I'm going to give some a try here pretty soon. Lou's results look too good not to try em.

SJB358":3jfweehs said:
I'm going to give some a try here pretty soon. Lou's results look too good not to try em.
Scotty, I'll also be testing the 300gr nosler Partition, and swift A frame, as well as the 350gr Woodleigh SP.
Should be fun pal :twisted: ..Lou

That 350 Woodleigh should be awesome! The other two should be very good too. Talk about a powerful handful of bullets.

Besides ordering a couple of boxes of .30-06 ammo with the Oryx bullet, I want to buy some 286 Oryx bullets for the 9.3x74R but they are presently backordered. I have some 286 gr Norma softpoint bullets for the 9.374R but not the Oryx. When I can order the Oryx bullets I will buy some Swift A-Frame 250 gr bullets to go with them. I already have the 286 gr Partitions and 250 gr Accubonds in 9.3 mm to test, including some Speer 270 gr softpoints which I also can test.

That will give me a pretty good cross section of 9.3 mm bullets to test.

Heck yeah Charlie. That'll be cool to see how they shoot. I'm gunning for some of those Oryx's as well. After hearing and seeing Lou's results I wanna give them a shot. They look very good and the price isn't horrible for a bullet of that construction.

SJB358":146l0nxd said:
Heck yeah Charlie. That'll be cool to see how they shoot. I'm gunning for some of those Oryx's as well. After hearing and seeing Lou's results I wanna give them a shot. They look very good and the price isn't horrible for a bullet of that construction.

Hi Scotty :) ..I just ordered another 3 boxes (60rounds)..I like them :)

Back