375 H&H vs Wild Boar

gerry":b1xbx9j6 said:
If we had them here I'd be all over hunting them. Only a few weeks away now till the 375 speaks...... :)

Thanks Gerry, Jim and Scotty and the boys on the forum too :grin: ..I'm still suffering from a herniated disc, and still getting treatment and possible surgery, but I don't give up :grin: ..my back is stable for now, and well get the .375 to speak on December 21st for sure!..I well keep you posted with the outcome,pics and video too with the 300gr partitions, I'd love to catch the bullet, but it would be pretty hard to line up 3-4 boars to do so :twisted:

Lou

SJB358":13pi5g2d said:
Very cool Lou! That should be a great way to stock up the freezer buddy! Plus, live bullet testing is always the best. Darned shredded milk jugs taste like crap!

Although Montreal Quebec got hammered with snow storm, this Saturday looks real good to test the .375 and PT's on some European wildboar! :twisted: ..I'm lookin forward to it brother :) ..It's a 1 day hunt, and well be back on the sunday, average size boar is #175lbs..Gonna take out the shoulder for sure :twisted:

Lou

Go get 'em, Lou! We'll be looking forward to your report. By the way, ship a few pork chops over west. I'll test them out on my grill. :grin:

Sako 85":1z7j1mw6 said:
SJB358":1z7j1mw6 said:
Very cool Lou! That should be a great way to stock up the freezer buddy! Plus, live bullet testing is always the best. Darned shredded milk jugs taste like crap!

Although Montreal Quebec got hammered with snow storm, this Saturday looks real good to test the .375 and PT's on some European wildboar! :twisted: ..I'm lookin forward to it brother :) ..It's a 1 day hunt, and well be back on the sunday, average size boar is #175lbs..Gonna take out the shoulder for sure :twisted:

Lou

Lou your gonna ruin a lot of good meat pounding him through the front shoulders with those 300 gr Nos PT's ya know ! :shock: :grin: Oh Well ! LOL

Good LUCK and Cheers :grin: RJ

Lou I am sure glad that your back has eased up a bit.
I have had wild boar sausage once & in my opinion it was some of the best sausage I have tasted.
Look forward to photos with a good story as well.
Lou have fun, shoot straight & most of all be safe :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

SJB358":2894wav4 said:
Man, some wild boar sausage sounds like some great food..

Oh it's good Scotty..I'm still watching the weather forcast daily, they are calling for about 25cm of snow on the sunday for the drive back home, if that snow falls later on in the day, that's ok because I'll be home by 2pm EST.They got hammered with about 35cm of snow this past weekend, I'm keeping my fingers crossed weather wise :roll:

Lou

Rem Jim":2yk7472a said:
Sako 85":2yk7472a said:
SJB358":2yk7472a said:

Lou

Lou your gonna ruin a lot of good meat pounding him through the front shoulders with those 300 gr Nos PT's ya know ! :shock: :grin: Oh Well ! LOL

Hi Jim :) ..Heck, my 7mag would do more meat damage pal :shock: ..Here's my kill zone pal :twisted:

This is just a pic, the wildboar's I'll be hunting, are much better looking :wink:

Lou

Sako 85":356mbzv0 said:
Rem Jim":356mbzv0 said:
Sako 85":356mbzv0 said:
SJB358":356mbzv0 said:

Lou

Hi Jim :) ..Heck, my 7mag would do more meat damage pal :shock: ..Here's my kill zone pal :twisted:

This is just a pic, the wildboar's I'll be hunting, are much better looking :wink:

Lou

My wild boars are much better looking? Better than what? :lol: Spider Monkeys?????? :mrgreen:

Lou, I am not sure your idea of good looking is the same as the rest of us Canucks :shock:. But then again I don't judge beauty as it is only skin deep :mrgreen:

PS. I have been advised that ugly can be right to the bone :wink:

Blessings,
Dan

6mm Remington":2y1eh984 said:
My wild boars are much better looking? Better than what? :lol: Spider Monkeys?????? :mrgreen:

Hoo, boy, good one, David! :grin:

DrMike":3qxxbsd6 said:
6mm Remington":3qxxbsd6 said:

Hoo, boy, good one, David! :grin:
6mm, I don't know what kind of boars you are talking about?, but this is what I meant bro :twisted:

Lou

How'd you get him to just lie there still for the picture, Lou? Good looking swine.

Right on Lou - dead Piggy ! KOOL :grin:

Man i would love to hunt one of them with my RSB 44 mag and 300 Horn XTP bullets !

Cheers :) RJ

Rem Jim":1w8fkfdc said:
Right on Lou - dead Piggy ! KOOL :grin:

Man i would love to hunt one of them with my RSB 44 mag and 300 Horn XTP bullets !

No No, heck that's not me :shock: ..This is what they look like...Anyways, the hunt is post poned for another day, frezzing rain right now with heavy snow fall tonight and tomorrow :( ..I'm now going towards the end of March,
Lou

Rem Jim":7v78emdt said:
Oh :( that unfortunate ! Oh Well ! :)

Big storm nocked down trees and power lines Jim :roll: ..It's been now changed to February 8th pal :) ..I don't mind the cold, but it's that freezing rain and heavy snow fall that bothers me, espeacialy driving at night, so for now, the 8th it is :)

Lou

Back