375 ruger hawkeye african - swaro possibility???

Feb 18, 2011
In a previous post, I think I have been convicnced on ordering a swaro z3 3-9X36. I WAS going to put this on a custom .270 I have. But as I have thought out some options/scenarios I am thinking of doing some scope swapping which would end up putting the Swarovski on my Ruger Hawkeye African 375 ruger.

I use this gun for elk, bear, and moose (when I draw) and have had to use it out to bout 400 yard which it does just fine. I also hunt half the time in the black dark timber of Idaho Selway Wilderness so I like the idea of high quality light gathering optics such as the z3.

Do you think the above scope would match up good with the ruger?

I believe the Swarovski Z3 3-9X36 would be a great choice for a Hawkeye African. I can't imagine you being disappointed with that choice.

I think that Z3 would be a dandy on top of that rifle. I just finished putting a Minox 2-10 on top of my 375 African. I like those scopes in general but you are definitely looking at the superior scope. I'd suggest you make sure the scope has a reticle that will take full advantage of the scope and hunting conditions, though. Finding a tiny fine reticle in low light can be a chore. Also, I wanted quick release rings for using the irons if needed in a pinch. I went with one of the only options I could find (well actually the only option Dubyam found for me) for a Ruger Hawkeye with a set of Warnes. They seem extremely solid.

Anything with swaro in it is a great choice for optics!

Well the Swaro Z3 3-9x36 is ordered and suppose to be arriving on Monday. I will be putting it on my Ruger Hawkeye African 375. Really excited to see how it turns out, going to try to get out to the range Tuesday.

I have always believed that the Schmidt Bender Zenith 1.5-6X42 was the dream scope for this rifle....I am hoping this Swaro proves a reliable close second.

It will be neat to see how it looks on your gun make sure you post some pics for us :) That is a great range so could be happy on a lot of different guns if you do end up buying a S&B one day. Your 3-9x36 will be an excellent match for the 375 Ruger.

Idahotrophyhunter":34suhgn5 said:
Well the Swaro Z3 3-9x36 is ordered and suppose to be arriving on Monday. I will be putting it on my Ruger Hawkeye African 375. Really excited to see how it turns out, going to try to get out to the range Tuesday.

I have always believed that the Schmidt Bender Zenith 1.5-6X42 was the dream scope for this rifle....I am hoping this Swaro proves a reliable close second.

I don't believe you will be disappointed with the Swarovski; it is a great scope.

Ihave a Kahles 3-9x42 which is mounted on my .338 Federal. I think that a Z3 3-9x36 Swaro should be great scope for a .375 Ruger Hawkeye. It should be perfectly matched to the .375 and should be a great pair.

My Swarovski scope came today, but I am away until Thursday on Business - will get it mounted up and pics posted as soon as I get back in town.

Back