376 Steyr

7mmfan

Beginner
Dec 14, 2004
I just purchased a new Prohunter in 376 Steyr and I noticed a few of you in this forum have used this caliber. I plan on using it next spring for a brown bear hunt in Alaska on the coast. Any suggestions on loads with either 260, 270, or 300 grain bullet?

Also any pointers on where to start to try and located a magazine extension adapter? I've located some 8 round magazines at Steyr-USA, but they are all out of magazine adapters, thanks.

Come on fellows, I know 8 of you voted for Nolsler to make 376 Steyr ammunition so some of you must have tried your hand at reloading for it. I'm specifically looking for any data with 300 grainers, thanks.

Brad

7 I really like the 376Steyr.....case. I have necked it down to 338, 30 and 264 and took out most of the taper. Its a fince case for wildcattin. I like it so much that I am considering chambering a rifle in the parent. Keep me informed of your work with this round.
thanks,

Will do, I bet a 25 caliber wildcat on the case would be a screamer.

Brad

Sorry 7mmfan we have no load data yet for the 376 Steyr. Looks like a great round. So many cartridges,..... so little time.

7mmfan":2zypzsn8 said:
Come on fellows, I know 8 of you voted for Nolsler to make 376 Steyr ammunition so some of you must have tried your hand at reloading for it. I'm specifically looking for any data with 300 grainers, thanks.

Brad

Brad,

Eric Ching has posted his .376/300 grain data in a couple of places on the net, and also sent it to African Hunter magazine (it was published).

While GSI was still the Steyr importer one of the guys there told me they had reports of 8 Alaskan bears taken using the 270 grain factory load(Hornady Interlock). Also I know a guy who killed a Cape buff with that load.

I would stay with the 270 grain load in the .376 with a good bullet.

jim

Back