5.5 X22X56 Nightforce NXS Velocity 1000 Reticle

Desert Fox

Handloader
Aug 14, 2006
I have been patiently waiting for MOAR Reticle to come out by July but I cannot pass a good deal when I see one. So I ordered the HVM version that matches the ballistic profile of the 300 grain SMK for my 338 Lapua Ackley. The scope will be here next week and I'll will post the result of my test here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VyEyxzpHss

DF

That is a very nice scope! Looking forward to your field report.

JD338

JD338":20mjrpp0 said:
DF

That is a very nice scope! Looking forward to your field report.

JD338
JD, This will replace the 6.5X20X50 MK4 TMR that is on my 338 at the moment. I like the versatility of the scope. I can use either the reticle or the dial if I wanted to.

They are kick Azz for sure.

I just wish they were not that heavy.

As a club? :wink:

Loved it on my 375 Snipetac though.

Might build another one.

elvi.jpg

Lawton did.

-Lawton 8500 SS action with fluted bolt
-Lawton 30" tube with Lawton muzzle brake 11.5:1 twist 1.360" for 2.25" Contour .840 at the muzzle
-Lawton custom built 40 MOA rail
-Timney trigger with safety
-Stainless trigger guard and studs
-Stress relieved
-Manners custom built stock
-Pillar and glass bedded
-NF NSX (NIB other than mounted on here) 5.5x22x50mm Zero STOP NPR-2 Reticle
-Nightforce rings
-Defensive edge Cosign angle indicator with bubble level (this is the 1 piece model--replaces top half of rear ring) not shown in pictures
under 14 lbs

How's the rifle shoot Fotis. I haven't seen any report of you shooting the rifle. Did I miss it.?

Actually I sold it unfired. Someone made me an offer I could not refuse!

Well, got it mounted and zeroed today. Need to test drive this baby at long range.

DSC02085.jpg

Somebody, Randy I think, was telling me I had too many toys. Well, maybe, but DF has much cooler toys than I do.

The NF scopes do look intimidating. I've shot quite a few of them. They are clear glass, that's for certain; and they will take a beating.

Back