6.5 CM 143 ELDX 10 round load work up with RL16.

Finally got a quick range test in after work today. Only six rounds, so no definite test. So I shot two three shot groups at 110 yards just to get a baseline. First off I decided to go with the 41.5 gr load since I really was not looking for speed. This is mainly a hunting/ target round for 100-400 yards. I loaded one set at magazine length (.035” jump), and the second set at .060” jump. Overall looks like it is gonna be an easy load too fine tune, and hopefully easy to get good groups with seating depths in between these two I tested today.
597eb90ea853a2d24e1ed2c935747ccd.jpg
64deee71c9978e46d17c284161c2cba7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't see much difference in those two loads. Either should work.

I think I’m gonna load up several at .035” jump. That way I can shoot several groups to see if it is consistent and do some chronographing tm evening.

Finally got to do some more shooting with the 41.5 grain load seated .035” off the lands today. I believe the bigger groups are my fault I know I broke a couple bad shots, but overall I’m happy with the performance. Velocity was right in the ball park of where I wanted it. Over last couple days I’ve shot seven groups with this load. Six 3 shot groups and one 5 shot group. I only chronographed the five shot group. All groups averaged out to be .740”. I’m sure it can do better when I’m more in the zone lol.
398bdc008e2a1afbb4c4e35fe6ddb3c7.jpg

That looks great Cleveland. Pretty sure that’ll work great. Nice work.

SJB358":1od0rgp9 said:
That looks great Cleveland. Pretty sure that’ll work great. Nice work.
Thanks! That 10 shot load work up really does extremely well, and saves so much on powder and bullets. I’m very happy how it turned out, not so happy with my performance though. Funny how some days you are on point and shoot tiny groups, and the next day you are botching shots lol.

Was goofing off the other day at the range, so I brought a box of the 125 grain Deer season XP. Have to say I’m impressed with its accuracy. Apparently the Howa really likes it. I’ve never used them on Deer before, but my brother really likes them in his 270 win.
2a8f0698ff413b3b3d6d208cb3a907ea.jpg

Was goofing off the other day at the range, so I brought a box of the 125 grain Deer season XP. Have to say I’m impressed with its accuracy. Apparently the Howa really likes it. I’ve never used them on Deer before, but my brother really likes them in his 270 win.

Was goofing off the other day at the range, so I brought a box of the 125 grain Deer season XP. Have to say I’m impressed with its accuracy. Apparently the Howa really likes it. I’ve never used them on Deer before, but my brother really likes them in his 270 win. Have to say that’s pretty good performance for $20 a box ammo.

Stopped by the range today to shoot a little more of the 143 ELD-X loads with RL16. Overall I’m very pleased with the accuracy of this load. It’s going to be my 2018/2019 Deer load. And my target load for this summer shooting out to 500 yards for the first time.
fcdf5ee2dccae0d124af71b6043c2b96.jpg

DrMike":z0q7100a said:
For sure, you've about mastered that load. It'll work for you.
Thanks DrMike, I’m really looking forward to stretching its legs out this summer.

RL16 has worked well in every cartridge that I have tried it in. 7.65 Mauser, 3006, and 257 Bob. Velocity is consistent and accuracy very good. Looks like it doesn't mind the 6.5 Creed either.
Take care
Ed
BTW great shooting..

AK7AN":1wlqrlva said:
RL16 has worked well in every cartridge that I have tried it in. 7.65 Mauser, 3006, and 257 Bob. Velocity is consistent and accuracy very good. Looks like it doesn't mind the 6.5 Creed either.
Take care
Ed
BTW great shooting..
Thanks! It is a great powder. I’ve only used it in the Creedmoor, but I’m sure it works very well in many other chamberings.

Back