6.5 SAUM, DONE!

I have read those posts a few time. Those guys are sure turning out some very nice rifles. I was pretty shocked to find that I was only getting 2985 with the 61 gr load that they are getting 3150 with. I had to bump up to 63 gr to get to 3100. I still don't have any pressure and think that there is still some fps to be had, but it shoots so good I don't want to mess with it. I loaded up all my brass with the 63 gr load, just so I don't have any empties laying around to mess with.

Hope everybody has a Merry Christmas.

Jake

SJB358":g14iagfs said:
Wished we could get that darned Scotty to put a .325 of some sort in his safe. With bullets like the 220 SBT GK and Possibly a 220 AB they really are a bunch of fun. He's resisted the .325 Win Short Mag for much too long!

:shock: :roll: 8) :lol: :mrgreen:

...Dr. Mike needs a Creedmoor, time to relax w/ a "toy gun"...

wildgene":3agiiei9 said:
SJB358":3agiiei9 said:
Wished we could get that darned Scotty to put a .325 of some sort in his safe. With bullets like the 220 SBT GK and Possibly a 220 AB they really are a bunch of fun. He's resisted the .325 Win Short Mag for much too long!

I have one, Gene.

Jake,
Think you'll make it out for coyote on Christmas? Do you mouth call or use a machine? I've taken my dog (German Shorthaired Pointer) with me a few times and had some pretty good results. Seems like song dogs sure don't like seeing another K9 on their turf, especially after a challenge bark! I do love hunting coyotes...
Joe

DrMike":1f2ndfcy said:
wildgene":1f2ndfcy said:
SJB358":1f2ndfcy said:

I have one, Gene.

...well, there ya go, that wasn't so hard now was it??? Now if only Scotty would see the light...

...of the .325 WSM... :twisted: 8) :mrgreen:

Ha! You never know what I may end up with next.. I actually would like a smaller 6.5 to go along with the big 264..

Jake, your getting great speed with the 140, with the BC they sport, I am pretty sure the extra speed wouldn't amount to much of anything anyhow.

There are quite a few cool 264's to choose from now, 264RSAUM, 264WSM, 264 Win Mag, 6.5x68S, 26 Nosler...

SJB358":1io89avs said:
Ha! You never know what I may end up with next.. I actually would like a smaller 6.5 to go along with the big 264..

Jake, your getting great speed with the 140, with the BC they sport, I am pretty sure the extra speed wouldn't amount to much of anything anyhow.

There are quite a few cool 264's to choose from now, 264RSAUM, 264WSM, 264 Win Mag, 6.5x68S, 26 Nosler...

Smaller...... I think the 6.5 x 47 Lapua fits that bill nicely? I can't wait until I see mine!

jmad_81":3mmxk2z2 said:
I have read those posts a few time. Those guys are sure turning out some very nice rifles. I was pretty shocked to find that I was only getting 2985 with the 61 gr load that they are getting 3150 with. I had to bump up to 63 gr to get to 3100. I still don't have any pressure and think that there is still some fps to be had, but it shoots so good I don't want to mess with it. I loaded up all my brass with the 63 gr load, just so I don't have any empties laying around to mess with.

Hope everybody has a Merry Christmas.

Jake

Ya, but those guys are using 130 gr. pills and you are shooting the 140 Amax.

Back