6.5mm 140gr RDF

shoots_5

Handloader
May 15, 2009
Just got the shipping notice from SPS today. Got 500 blems headed my way! I'll be testing them out of my 260. I'm really hoping that these will at least perform on par with the 140 Berger Hybrid that I'm currently shooting as they are significantly cheaper! I think I paid like $116 with shipping for 500 of them vs around $220 without shipping on the Berger. I know I'm comparing blems to normal bullets but at least with Nosler I have the option of blems and the full cost boxes are still about $30 less per 500 than the Bergers.

Running a Ballistic comparison between the two on my program doesn't show much of a performance increase with the Nosler as it does have a higher advertised BC but every little bit helps and as long as they're consistent I'll be a happy camper!

Stay tuned for real world testing....I'm planning taking these out to some long distances!

Adjustments in range table are in MILS (even though it says MOA...) Same atmoshperics and same starting MV of 2817 which is my current load with the Berger. 5mph 9 o'clock wind.

Attachments

• image1 (2).jpg
    image1 (2).jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 1,731
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 1,731
The brown truck showed up last night. I think Nosler may have hit a home run with these! Time to throw some powder! Hopefully it'll stop snowing one of these days.....not sure if I can even get to the range with all this snow!

RDF on the left, Berger hybrid on the right
4e64c45ca0fc0750e80ce30b76c9aef7.jpg

3060d0d0336eb7a01d36f20aca045764.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly....I think they will live up to the advertised numbers and may be slightly better than advertised. Excited to to play with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully the RDF s are right with the Bergers for performance, BC , etc and the Nosler folks keep the pricing down. Would be good for all shooters to start seeing a ceiling on bullet costs as they ve gotten awful 'fat' the last few years.

Outstanding pictures. They see to be almost identical with the Nosler being slightly sleeker possibly.

I also ordered 500 from SPS. Already have them loaded with both RL-17 & H4350 in my Creedmoor. Now just need a non-rainy day to head for the range. Today might be the day...

Back