6GT Black Widow Maiden Journey

xphunter

Handloader
Sep 15, 2005
Below is a picture of my Kauger Arms (action & Stock) 6GT Black Widow put together by Omega Precision/Peter Angelos.
15.9" Bartlein 7.5T barrel, H-S Precision bottom metal, Kelbly trigger, and a Holland Radial Baffle brake
Hornady Factory ammunition: 109 ELD-M’s at 2710 FPS. The speed surprised a little bit.
This is the first outing I have had with this specialty pistol.
After I got it zeroed at 100 yards and got some numbers on the chronograph, I ran it all the way to 1000 yards (300, 400, 500, 775 and 1K) without any misses.
I was out at Mac's Gunworks range south of Gillette, and the mirage was such at 1000 yards, I could not tell where I hit the 1K target, but was rewarded with the "ting" each time.
I reconfirmed with proving shots at both 775 yards and 1000 yards.
Great conditions with the exception of mirage.
Just got some Alpha brass in late last week, and will ultimately work up a load with 103 VT's.
Fun gun to shoot.
Should have a scope for it to arrive next week...But the Arken did quite well.
Steel was 10", with the exception of the 775 yard, which is big square target...not sure of dimensions-My wind was spot on, but I was high all three times).
The 1K target is a 14" Diamond I believe.
s217B4jl.jpg

June 16-18 2025

Below is a picture of my Kauger Arms (action & Stock) 6GT Black Widow put together by Omega Precision/Peter Angelos.
15.9" Bartlein 7.5T barrel, H-S Precision bottom metal, Kelbly trigger, and a Holland Radial Baffle brake
Hornady Factory ammunition: 109 ELD-M’s at 2710 FPS. The speed surprised a little bit.
This is the first outing I have had with this specialty pistol.
After I got it zeroed at 100 yards and got some numbers on the chronograph, I ran it all the way to 1000 yards (300, 400, 500, 775 and 1K) without any misses.
I was out at Mac's Gunworks range south of Gillette, and the mirage was such at 1000 yards, I could not tell where I hit the 1K target, but was rewarded with the "ting" each time.
I reconfirmed with proving shots at both 775 yards and 1000 yards.
Great conditions with the exception of mirage.
Just got some Alpha brass in late last week, and will ultimately work up a load with 103 VT's.
Fun gun to shoot.
Should have a scope for it to arrive next week...But the Arken did quite well.
Steel was 10", with the exception of the 775 yard, which is big square target...not sure of dimensions-My wind was spot on, but I was high all three times).
The 1K target is a 14" Diamond I believe.
s217B4jl.jpg
Nice

Back