7mm-08

Nice seeing your collection from the little 7 Pharmseller! Yah, those Elk pieces weight us all down going uphill, but that's what keeps us old guys in shape!

Thanks for sharing those great photos!

longrangehunter":xogavd7c said:
Nice seeing your collection from the little 7 Pharmseller! Yah, those Elk pieces weight us all down going uphill, but that's what keeps us old guys in shape!

Thanks for sharing those great photos!

You should see all the deer.

P

Pharmseller,
Very well done, the little 7/08 is an amazing little cartridge! Those are some nice animals, great photos and great memory's! The good times.

My personal choice for Elk or Moose behond 300 yds from Nosler, would be this bullet!IMG_2264.PNG
Be cool to see how fast these can be pushed without "tickling the dragon"
QL with Varget? 414? RL 26? Hummm
Interesting review of the 7 mm with the 150 gr ELD-X bullets:

TURN YOUR 7MM08 INTO A 650 YARD THUMPER!!!
Slick bullet that lets the 7mm08 stretch its legs. Use hornady 154 load data. RL-17 can safely push this bullet 2,820fps in a 22" tube, but the accuracy nodes was around 2770fps in my rifle. Half MOA accuracy with a 2.800" COL and jumping almost 0.400" to the rifling in my long throated Kimber. I did not bother adjusting seating depth. Hornady offers loaded 7/08 precision hunter ammo with this bullet, and the advertised velocity is 2770fps....coincidence? I think not. External ballistics: retains greater than 1,000ft-lbs of energy to 650yards (for nocking down critters), and remains super sonic to 1,050yards (for punching paper).

Back