7mm 168 LRAB They're Here!!!

I will be testing them pretty quick in the 280AI on a crop damage deer.

JD338

Got a few bags headed my way as well! Hoping to get them up and running out of my STW for some upcoming damage elk hunts. I have a pound of RL-33 and Retumbo ready to stuff into a bunch of prepped brass.

A guy has to be careful with all these new toys Nosler is putting out. Between harvest and all the time I am spending developing all new loads, My wife is joking (I think she is joking :? ) about where she ranks on my priority list.

You need to reassure your wife, Jake. She is right up there, just behind the rifles. :grin:

Guys,
Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for these for a little while now for my 280AI. Any word on the 150 ABLRs?
Joe

That's great news. Should be getting to work pretty quick with the 150 ABLR's in my 270, once I get my hands on some 168's, I will run them for the 7mm WSM as well. Pretty sure they'll come together quick in those two rifles. Haven't found much of anything they don't shoot pretty well. I would love to hammer something with either of those two rifles.

I have some shipping to me
Trying to figure out which powder to try first in my 280ai

Yes, I can't wait to try out the 168s in my 280AI once I get it:)
First powder I am going to try is RL-22, followed by IMR4350 & maybe some 4831SC.

Blessings,
Dan

ccoker":iznrkdbk said:
I have some shipping to me
Trying to figure out which powder to try first in my 280ai

I would start with RL 22. ;)

JD338

A buddy of mine has shot three different sub inch groups with them out if his 280AI with 7828. best group was a lower charge doing 2850 and sitting one ragged hole. next best was a full grain higher, two in one hole one 1/4" out. should be around 2950 out of a 26" tube.

I ran some numbers for a guy with a 7mm Rem Mag and a 26" tube and WOW, they looked very impressive. It looked like a 3100FPS load and to think of the energy that bullet will carry downrange. I am looking forward to working them a little in my little 7mm WSM. They seem like they should go mid 3000's pretty easily and if accuracy is good, I will give them a decent work out.

I can't wait to see how they act on game up close and far off. This season should produce some results by those who have loaded them up for hunting this fall. I am really looking forward to the terminal results. I have decided to wait and hold off this fall, so I can see what all you who will be using the new long range accubonds think about the results .

Ingwe":1fd37wn0 said:
Is there any published load data for the 7mm Rem Mag 168gr ABLR yet??

Not yet.
Less bearing surface than the 160 gr AB so you should be able to use starting load data.

JD338

JD338":kvqfo2k0 said:
Ingwe":kvqfo2k0 said:
Is there any published load data for the 7mm Rem Mag 168gr ABLR yet??

Not yet.
Less bearing surface than the 160 gr AB so you should be able to use starting load data.

JD338

Less bearing surface, longer bullet, good BC, but will be harder to find accuracy with, won't be as forgiving, smaller sweet spot to find, but once found should be a real advantage on long shots when it comes to terminal results. Like I said, can't wait to see how they do.

Back